Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Shocks & Springs ?????

jimmygixer

Are the front shocks & springs on my 2003 1.8TDCi Focus Sport and different to a standard 1.8 Focus?

Diesel springs are usually stiffer due to diesel engines being heavier so yes they are dufferent they arent sport springs though the zetec trim model had stiffer sports springs 10mm shorter than standard the sport model does not get these

Ok.

How come the zetec model gets sports springs and the model which is called the sport, doesn't get sports springs I wonder?

So the TDCi Sport 3 DR has the same springs as all the other standard diesels?

• Like 1

yeah same springs its called a sport as you got sports style seats alloys etc on it thats pretty much it on all mks of focus the zetec trim gets the handling suspension go to ford etis and have a look it will tell you what was fitted

yeah same springs its called a sport as you got sports style seats alloys etc on it thats pretty much it on all mks of focus the zetec trim gets the handling suspension go to ford etis and have a look it will tell you what was fitted

Thanks, that a good site, but it says mine has

• 17 X 7 Alloy Wheel 7 Spoke
  • With Performance Suspension
  • ???

After some research it has the stiffer springs which are 10mm lower than standard taken from the zetec model ford call it different things handling suspension performance suspension shocks are just standard shocks it was fords attempt at a rebadge to sell more cars

Spent most of today fitting the new springs. I went for the standard springs it looks like. Car looks like a 4x4 lol. but the front ride height is now level with the back and a bit more clearance.

Just as im fixing that i have started to get a terrible clattering sound from something around the fan belt area. looks like it might be alternator bearings or something.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club