Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Code Numbers Please

sshorty106

hi guys, i ve had a few problems with my 02 focus since i got it with my clocks,im now on my 2nd set as the first set died,

these codes have recently come up on my dash reading,

d041,

d123,

if anyone cud shed any light on them and how to go about getting them sorted, cheers

for the first did you get a letter in front of it? are you having problems with the car?

yeah having lots of problems , have done since i bought it and have made about 2000stg worth of changes to it and it still does the same,from speed sensors to fuel sensors,air control values,clocks etc etc

seems like a loss of power, a bit of pulling and struttering going thru the gears and then the clocks only work time to time, the rev counter works the speedo and fuel gauge, work on and off ,and idles badly keeps dipping down to 700/600rpm( lights dims along with it)

no number in front of the first one, the codes are

d041

d123

Well, generally 9318 is a low battery voltage.

d041 suggests faulty speed sensor results, this could be the VSS at the gearbox, or if you have ABS, it could be a faulty ABS sensor.

d123 - This suggests invalid data for the odometer. Again this could be related directly to D041, however, have you had any "weird things" happen to your instrument cluster? for example, have you had any issues with the clocks dropping out, maybe coming back to life? lights flickering etc?

yeah all them things happen with the clock, the speedo will drop and the reading on the odometer reading will clear, then come back, the engine management light comes on and off because of this, and the fuel gauge sometime sticks on a quarter tank or will bounce to full r empty, i ve had the car with mechanics but they cudnt find the problem, havent taken it to a ford garage yet, have you any ideas to what i cud do ? any parts to try and fix the problem?

It's either the speed sensor or bad solders on the cluster.

Its a known fault with the MK1/1.5 instrument clusters, you may find that you need to purchase a new one.

With regards the fix, you can remove the instrument cluster and spray it with the likes of WD40 to try and clear the contacts etc, but this wouldnt be a long term fix.

thanks for the help guys, its looking like i ll have to sell as am at my wits end now with this car, its been going on like this since i got it 3 years ago, and cant face spending alot more money on it, a battery might be the height of it,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club