Trotski94

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta
  • Year: 2000

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I recently purchased a MK5 Ford Fiesta (my first car), and it came with the stock stereo installed, which only has a tape player.
(The layout is the same as this here, with an identical picture of the one I have being removed here)

I dont want this stereo and am looking for an alternative, to me, that looks like a native double din stereo (but I wouldn't know), so Ive assumed that This car stereo will fit it, will I have any issues? compatibility with existing components? will there be any items I need to make it fully functioning and/or fit correctly? any input with be helpful thanks!

[for additional info, this is the backpane of the kenwood here]

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,298 posts
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

This radio will not fit as the MK5 Fiesta only take a 'din and a half' size radio so you can only fit a single din with a fascia plate (or modify the dash to allow for double din but that would be a lot more work)  :(

#3 Trotski94

Trotski94

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta
  • Year: 2000

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

This radio will not fit as the MK5 Fiesta only take a 'din and a half' size radio so you can only fit a single din with a fascia plate (or modify the dash to allow for double din but that would be a lot more work)  :(

aaah damn. was really hoping i could get that one in too... i wouldnt mind modifying the dash in fairness, but i wouldnt know where to start haha.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kenwood, ford, fiesta, mk5, stereo, replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users