Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Power Boost

Dazbo85

I'm thinking of treating my car to some power boost or something this christmas, it it recommend or is it a big no no?

Just want to get it a clear out for the new year

Cheers!

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec

When you say power boost, do you mean a tuning, or a tuningbox?

Think he's talking about fuel additive. I always used millers diesel sport ecomax in every tank when I had a derv. I felt it made the car run more smoother and refined. It contains additives and a cetane booster.

I don't have a diesel but have heard good things about the millers stuff from others!

I actually meant the spay for the air intake called powerboost or something along those lines. I think it just give it a clearer out and restores horsepower apparently, anyone done this?

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec

Cant say I have heard much, but I have to be honest, you probably could do a better job with an air filter replacement? tenner or less from euro car part!

• 2 weeks later...

A good service is always necessary anyway, but a good service makes the car easier to drive and thus restores power. Diesels can boost power with a tuning box (they are cheap at about £65 for older DTUK units) up to super expensive several hundred quid units.

Bluefin remaps are good as well, especially as you can swap between stock and remap any time :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club