Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Would You Shop A Drink-Driver For £1000?

Turvey

I think most decent people will agree with all your comments. I simply will not tolerate drink drivers. None of my friends will drink and drive. This year after spending most of Christmas Day with my parents I am driving the 215 miles up to Shropshire and will just have to drink coke or something as I will not touch a drop. I will make up for it once I get up to Shropshire however.

There was this story on Facebook a while back:

I have been drinking most weekends and driving home for the last 20 years. I have been so close to getting pulled by the police so many times I cant begin to count. Each time I'm scared senseless. If I lose my license, I will lose my job, I will lose my house and I would lose my wife and the family.

So last weekend I decided things have got to change, I cant go through this every week, running the gauntlet with the local constabulary. I made a decision, I will get the bus home this time. So for the first time since I was a kid I got a bus, and to my surprise it was clean, warm and comfortable and I got home with no issues, no problems avoiding the police and I was in one piece.

Amazing considering I've never driven a bus before.

• Like 1

I think its a lack of awareness as well as respect

Im sure one of you coppers can quote figures about it, but my dad (retired traffic, now does the 'get out of jail free' courses) was saying that about half of all drink drivers are caught the next morning!

so of those, how many will have actually thought that they were ok?

people don't realise the time which it takes to leave the system.

as for shopping - I'd happily ring in if I saw someone out on the road. I don't know if I could shop a friend, but I don't think I'd need to because I wouldn't let them get in the car in the first place

I wonder if anyone would be sad enough to shop themselves for a grand :p

Not necessarily on this forum :p but there are stupid people out there who probably think they would get paid.

I mean, when you get people this stupid...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22887138

It would not surprise me at all if they thought they could get paid for drink driving :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club