Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK II seat removal

wjacko11

Morning

Looking for tips and advice on changing my drivers seat. The back mechanism has totally collapsed. Been spot welded to hold it in place as a short term measure. So looking for a replacement seat, which should be easy enough.

However i need to know how easy it is to take the knackered one out and put the replacement in.

Any advice and pointers would be gratefully received.

At 133k miles its done great. And still going strong !

as far as i remember there are 6 x 10mm bolts holding the subframes to the floorpan. Think its a 7mm bolt that holds the electrical connector together. You can then remove the seat from the car but the seatbelt will still be attached to the seat. but remember to wait at least 30 mins after switching off ignition before dissconnecting the air bags if there are any.

• 1 month later...
Morning

Looking for tips and advice on changing my drivers seat. The back mechanism has totally collapsed. Been spot welded to hold it in place as a short term measure. So looking for a replacement seat, which should be easy enough.

However i need to know how easy it is to take the knackered one out and put the replacement in.

I recently changed the entire interior on my mk2 for a leather one froma ghis x. The Torx bolts mentioned in the other reply are correct, but if you are changing the seat for one from a higher model, you will have to be careful if they are fitted with electronics which your model doesnt have, the loom isnt there for it, I had to take my drivers seat apart and botch the seat pad and backrest to fit my existing frame which meant i had to remove the backrest motor and adjust it manually with a screw driver, but what the hey, it works and looks a lot better than the mouldy things that were in there when i got the car.

Good look with the change, it wont take you long once you have got the correct torx driver, i had to order one specially, but took about 15 minutes un-bolting and re-bolting once i had changed all the bits.

Dave

Morning

I recently changed the entire interior on my mk2 for a leather one froma ghia x. The Torx bolts mentioned in the other reply are correct, but if you are changing the seat for one from a higher model, you will have to be careful if they are fitted with electronics which your model doesnt have, the loom isnt there for it, I had to take my drivers seat apart and botch the seat pad and backrest to fit my existing frame which meant i had to remove the backrest motor and adjust it manually with a screw driver, but what the hey, it works and looks a lot better than the mouldy things that were in there when i got the car.

Good look with the change, it wont take you long once you have got the correct torx driver, i had to order one specially, but took about 15 minutes un-bolting and re-bolting once i had changed all the bits.

Dave

Morning

For this problem I have found a german homepage, think this will be a solution for the problem of the Ford Mondeo Electric Seat Height Adjuster Device. Otherwise there is a seller on a well-known auctionside by the name mondeoseat.

http://tandwiel.de.tl/ ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club