Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Fluid.....

martyntdci

evening all, its almost been 2 yrs now since my last brake fluid change, and i forgot what i used. i know in the manual it says either ford or super dot 4.... but which one? and also in the handbook it doesnt stste the capacity. i take it 2ltr will be enough for a full empty and change

would it be this fluid :- http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.8_2007/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/auxiliary-fluids/brake-fluid/?130339010&0&cc5_179

this as its for esp braking:-http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.8_2007/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/auxiliary-fluids/brake-fluid/?524770042&0&cc5_179

or this, but it has a different compound :-http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.8_2007/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/auxiliary-fluids/brake-fluid/?524770272&0&cc5_179

any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance :-)

I use a pressure bleeding kit that holds 2 litres, even with that I would be there all day! A litre will be plenty

After retrofitting the rear disc brakes and the IVD system (Intelligent Vehicle Dynamics which contains ABS,ESP and TCS)my brake system was completely drained. 1 Liter of brake fluid was just enough to fill and bleed the system completely with a power bleeder.

So 1 liter must be enough to change the brake fluid. On the other hand brake fluid is relatively cheap and to make absolutely sure you have enough you could buy 2 cans of 1 Liter. An unopened can of brakefluid can be kept for several years so you could use it the next time you change the brake fluid.

went to local ford dealers this morning, 2 bottles of dot 4 1ltrs cost just over £11 inc vat, was quite chuffed thought it would of been over £20. hope weather hold out for tomorow.....

How important is it to keep to the 2 year change interval? I stopped going having the dealer servicing when the warrenty ran out 3+ years ago so mine definately hasn't been done since then and I'm not noticing anything different while driving or stopping.

we had the car 2 yrs ago, did it then as i didnt hav any back service knowledge of the car. i just go by the manual just because of moisture in the fluid when its breaks down...... oil every 4-5k ish. fuel filter once a year. gearbox fluid got done approx a yr ago. just got do the coolant when weather warms up.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club