Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biexeon Headlight Conversion Mot

Italiot

I was looking to upgrade the headlights on my car as the biexeon lights are very good when on country lanes but when looking round google seen a lot of people saying mot fail becouse this has anyone done this or know any solid facts about the mot

Aftermarket xenon headlights or retrofit must meet the same requirements as factory fitted xenon, this include self leveling and washers, it is now an MOT failure if these parts are not fitted or working on the car

In that case I may have to forget about the conversion kit then stick with my good old osram nightbreakers

Maybe not, your car is a tit X correct? if so good chance your car has the wiring for xenons and you'd only need to gather the other parts, washer kit, sensors and xenons headlamps.

I'm in the process of retrofitting xenons myself taking an awful long time to gather all the parts but i'm close, cost of this mod will go over £800 minimum and that's if you're lucky to come across some eBay finds. Getting parts from ford will be like 2 grand, xenons headlamp alone cost something around £700 each from ford.

If you are able to get xenon headlamps off eBay and everything else from ford £1200 should cover it all (Assuming you already have the wiring)

Cost is obviously the main reason that put people off doing xenon the right way but there is really no way around it through an MOT, self leveling and lens cleaning will be tested

I will have to look into it see if the wiring is there if so I will try the way you say as for parts from ford I coulds never pay there parts prices that's like a new car

Do you have to have the washers

You may be able to get away with the self levelling, as im not sure they will actually be able to test for that part.

They garage it gets mot at are very picky they wanted to fail the mot once before for a very faint honeycomb background on the registrations

They garage it gets mot at are very picky they wanted to fail the mot once before for a very faint honeycomb background on the registrations

how brown was your nose after that one :lol:

Yeah washers are required. Washers are easy enough to do its not as hard as it looks.

You will need washer jets, hose and a pump. Cut out the holes in the bumper job done. Its even possible to piggy back off the windscreen washer hose this would require no wiring at all but water flow may be less ideally a secondary pump is needed.

Another method is using a second windscreen washer pump and piggy back the wiring from the original windscreen washer pump triggering both pumps at the same time. Bore a hole for the pump inside of the washer bottle and seal it with waterproof silicone, this method won't require a new bottle or a pump costing £100.

The correct method requires new washer bottle that fits two separate pump one for the windscreen and other for the headlight jets, your car will need a wiring loom for these pumps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I was furious on that luckily I kept the original regs in the boot only problem with them is not euro plates

• Like 1

When xenons lights are turned on they do a self level test. This test indicates if self leveling is working. If not the beam will be pointed towards the floor. Washer jets come on with screen wash, testers will have no probs testing your car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I will have to take a look down the local scrapyard in wembley you can get almost any part for any car there and all in good nick Aswell

The other option is to look round the scrappers for a car that has them alreayd and take the bumper with the jets already and the other parts needed.

heres a guide to do the lights

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Xenon_OEM_Headlight_Retro-fit_Guide

• Like 1

Do you know if there is a guide specific for the mk4

I notice there is not many guides for mk4 round especially for the egr

I only know of this stuff for mk4's although its not so much in the way of guides

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Category:Mondeo_Mk4

the main lads who do all this are mk3 owners, thats why there is more on that version.

there are other forums that have more mondeo owners, so have alot more info on mods regarding them.

Thanks that link will come in very handy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club