DOINEEDAFOCUS1.6MK1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Jay
  • Ford Model: FOCUS MK1 GHIA
  • Year: 2002

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hi, My Focus Mk1 1.6 has only one lamda sensor pre-cat. Checked out yesterday on a snap on large diagnostic handbag thing costing way too much & requiring a gaolers size ring off pcb's for all manner of vehicles, simply stated NO faults detected, no codes logged.

I however am having a similar experience whilst in the workshop difficulty in obtaining a smooth steady acceleration through 2500 - 3500 rpm.

Air leak or something I suspect, so I don't think lamda will be your cause. I will be watching this thread to see if anyone can come up with a definitive answer. Just though my problem * having only one lamda sensor * might contribte to a solution by someone.

:wub:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 tigacatch

tigacatch

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2003

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I might want add that my son is a mechanic and he also checked it with some fancy garage equipment and told me that no faults where found. My backround is more as computer assembly test and process opetator field thanks to sun microsystems lol But me being me I don't trust mechanics much and even less diagnostic machines !!! That why I invested in a cheap £20 reader of ebay myself and diagnosed it with an android app called "torque" via my android tab. As said before no faults found !! But upon researching the subject on how exactly these sensor work I have learnef to utilize the android app via a chart reading of the sensors (lambda) this appeared to reading sensor 1 ( pre cat upsteam) going up and down in the charts 0.5 - 1 volts aprox as its increasing and decreasing fuel load but bank 2 sensor 1 post cat downstream holding a steady voltage (1.2 approx)" no flux in readings. I personally would expect a similar reading as sensor 1 as I suspect this to be the most important one especially because after cat with co2 emmisions !!! As for fault codes not appearing I suspect because I still have voltage (complete circuit) the CPU thinks all is okay. BTW this is all an educated guess on my behalf. Also regarding vacuum I have disconnected the pipes an plugged holes on pipes and stuck pressurised air in it to test it and all okay. No fall in pressure. You can also do a smoke test to check for leakage " cost nothing" lol Replacement of my sensor delayed to next week to to weather forcast. Hate this weather haha

#18 tigacatch

tigacatch

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2003

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Just for your information I was using a elm533 Bluetooth interface ( eBay) and the torque app ( playstore) on android to get a reading of sensors and not some £1000 crappy diagnostics machine. Total cost to me £25 pmsl

#19 InKontrol

InKontrol

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2011

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hi Steven,

Hopefully this will assist you in diagnosing whether the O2 sensors are dodgy...

I'm subscribed to EricTheCarGuy on YouTube and he's been a big help in understanding various faults with a car, touch wood I've not had any faults so far.

#20 soulman123

soulman123

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Name: Micheal
  • Ford Model: 1.8 ghia petrol
  • Year: 2004

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Snap me to, he seems crackers but he's a genius!

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,914 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

got a good website too:

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunting, hunt, revs, 2000, 2500, high fuel, power loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users