31 replies to this topic

#31 RSM123

RSM123

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS MK7
Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

Simply untrue I assure you, decent places cut to shape as has been said on the outside - with talk like powder to stop it sticking to the glass - they'll then heat it so it takes the curved shape of the glass - then glue it from the inside. Removal is not hard - its getting all the glue off that is the difficult part, just ask to see examples of their work before letting them loose on the hatch window with the heated element.

they did my heated rear window on one of my old cars fine, although they was telling me horror stories how some companies have cut right through the heating element on a few cars, purely because they cut it to shape on the inside of the window which is completely stupid, one thing they will say is dont use the heated rear screen for about a week or so to let the tint properly set.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

Ok thanks guys, will speak to Scott at work on Tues find out what happened, maybe I got his phone number wrong as it was just saying the phone was switched off. x

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users