jwardle1991

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Josh
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

I have recently purchased a 60 plate Ford Fiesta Zetec and quickly discovered the parking sensors were not working. On further exploration of the car, I have found what I can only assume is the Parking Sensor buzzer coiled up in the glove compartment and not plugged in. I was wondering if someone could please tell me where I am able to plug this in and see if the parking sensors do actually work. I hope the previous owner only unplugged it as they were getting annoyed with it as oppose to it being faulty (I cant see why they would keep the buzzer if it was faulty)

Many Thanks

Josh

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,829 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

The unit will most likely be behind the left hand lining panel of the boot.

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,749 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

As Clive said, behind the boot panel, towards the bottom left corner of the panel, you should see a box with connections. Its possibly that the buzzer has blown. You can test this by removing the cover and connecting either a light, or another buzzer / speaker to the wiring and test it. you will see or hear something if its the buzzer, if its not, are the reverse lights on? if they are, then it could be the unit has gone.

When does the warranty expire? if it hasnt already, take it in and get it done under warranty. If it recently expired, take it in, they often do good will gestures! if not, then do your own investigations as I mention above.

#4 jwardle1991

jwardle1991

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Josh
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks a lot guys, ill give this a check and get back to you. Hopefully with the buzzer still being in the car it still works, would seem daft to keep something that was broken

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, Parking, Sensor, Buzzer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users