Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Keys

valentino roscoe

hi folks first time on here hope someone can help.just bought the mrs a 2006 st fiesta vgc prob is it only come with one normal key it has a blue chip on it the theiving local ford dealer is wanting £212 for a new remote programmed one any one know of anything cheaper as i think this is very excessive.thanks in advance.,

Buy a complete new key off eBay and ring a few local Auto Locksmiths for quotes.

You'd probably get it sorted for less than £100.

A complete 3 button remote key for a Mk6/6.5 Fiesta will cost you about £120 from Timpsons (I asked about one on Saturday).

if i buy this key do you know if i can programme it myself in the ignition thanks

From the Fiesta Mk6/Mk6.5 Owner's handbook (page 27); the text in red is not in the handbook but are my interpretations of what goes on behind the scene.

1. Have your original remote key and any new remote key(s) you want to program to hand.
    I seem to recall that there's a maximum limit of four remote keys.
  2. Use an EXISTING programmed and working remote key turn the ignition key to position II FOUR times within SIX seconds; leave the existing key IN and the ignition switched ON.
  3. Switch OFF the ignition; a tone will sound to indicate that the system is now in learning mode.
    It's not entirely clear from the Owner's handbook, but it would appear that once in learning mode all previous remote keys are ERASED so it's best to program the original remote key FIRST.
  4. Press any button on the ORIGINAL remote key; a tone will sound as a confirmation.
  5. Repeat step 4 for each NEW remote key.
  6. Switch ON the ignition or wait ten seconds without programming another remote.
  7. ONLY the keys you have just programmed in step 4 will be able to lock/unlock the car.

Note that this procedure can not be used on later vehicles that originally came with flip key style remotes (e.g. Mk7 Fiesta, Mk2.5 Focus) as Ford removed the option to allow owners to program their own keys. Ostensibly this was done to help prevent car theft, but it also means less well informed people are more likely to visit the dealer and pay the ridiculous reprogramming fee.

HTH

Found another source of 3 button remotes Mondeo Spares

From the Fiesta Mk6/Mk6.5 Owner's handbook (page 27); the text in red is not in the handbook but are my interpretations of what goes on behind the scene.

1. Have your original remote key and any new remote key(s) you want to program to hand.

I seem to recall that there's a maximum limit of four remote keys.

2. Use an EXISTING programmed and working remote key turn the ignition key to position II FOUR times within SIX seconds; leave the existing key IN and the ignition switched ON.

3. Switch OFF the ignition; a tone will sound to indicate that the system is now in learning mode.

It's not entirely clear from the Owner's handbook, but it would appear that once in learning mode all previous remote keys are ERASED so it's best to program the original remote key FIRST.

4. Press any button on the ORIGINAL remote key; a tone will sound as a confirmation.

5. Repeat step 4 for each NEW remote key.

6. Switch ON the ignition or wait ten seconds without programming another remote.

7. ONLY the keys you have just programmed in step 4 will be able to lock/unlock the car.

Note that this procedure can not be used on later vehicles that originally came with flip key style remotes (e.g. Mk7 Fiesta, Mk2.5 Focus) as Ford removed the option to allow owners to program their own keys. Ostensibly this was done to help prevent car theft, but it also means less well informed people are more likely to visit the dealer and pay the ridiculous reprogramming fee.

HTH

Found another source of 3 button remotes Mondeo Spares

This procedure will programme the remote central locking function of the key, but you will need the services of a locksmith to programme the blank immobiliser chip in the new key.

You will be looking at approx £100-150 all in if you use an independent locksmith, there is a mobile locksmith in my area who came to my house, supplied a new key and programmed the immobiliser chip for £120.

Incidentally, for Ford to supply and cut the blade you require is around £6, I had this done on thursday! You will need a fob still, and then it to be coded. Once you have two working keys, you should be able to code more yourself to start the vehicle.

If you purchase a key from someone other than Ford, be sure it is the correct type, i.e. glass or carbon transponder as they are not all compatible. If it is like mine (2006 ST as well), they are the carbon transponder style.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club