Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Was Your Car Dirty When You Woke Up This Morning?

Hyrule

Just finished cleaning mine. Gonna wait for it to dry naturally, dont want to risk rubbing more sand in to the paintwork.

Praying it has gone, then microfibre cloth to remove wet spots

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Looked alright this morning. Had some rain this afternoon and it looks just as bad

Can anyone recommend the best way to get rid of these brown marks. Iv tried a pressure washer first and anything else I try it seems to disappear but the when its dried after a while it seems to come back.

Thanks gary

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I bought some demon foam stuff from halfrauds. Sprayed it on and left it for a bit then jet washed. Repeated the foaming again and cleaned with a microfibre cloth. Looked amazing until it !Removed! it down before

It just seems like a waste of time cleaning the car. If every time it rains it comes back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

You're telling me. 3 washes since last Monday. May aswell have not bothered

You're making me feel guilty now, I've had my ST since November and I've washed it once...

• Like 1

Between half of the African Continent on my car, tree blossom and seagull crap my car looks like a Jackson Pollock painting.

• Like 1

I couldn't do that. It gets washed at least twice a week. Hoovered inside once a week. Steam clean the carpets and seats once a month and polish and wax it once a month

But.....I have never cleaned the boot out in any car I have owned

I always have the best intentions to do that, but never seem to find the time nor have the inclination! It takes me getting on for 3 hours when I wash it, I end up sprayed with brake dust water from the brush I use flicking it all over me, it always dries before I can towel it off properly no matter how quickly I start after the final rinse and it always leaves me feeling like I've failed when I do it! I do keep the interior clean though, I never let that get bad. It surprises me the amount of dirt and muck that some people accumulate inside their cars. I would do it more often if it didn't take so long, the whole process of having to get everything out from all over the place, assemble the hose, etc, then rinse the washmitts and brushes (and me) afterwards then put it all away just puts me off tbh!

I get what you mean about getting all the stuff out and putting it all away again. I always have the motivation as it gets me out of the house for a couple of hours.

In regards to the dry spots, get a leather chamois and get most of the water off then get a microfibre cloth and wipe it down. Only takes 10 minutes but makes the car look much nicer.

I always get a mate to give me a hand polishing and waxing.

He is even worse than me for cleaning his car. I swear he has it cleaned every day

I may have to try that, I've got a proper drying towel but no matter how quickly I start towelling after rinsing it still dries on there before I get to it! And then of course the towel still leaves a haze behind that looks odd and gives weird patterns when it gets condensation on overnight. I always look forward to the first rain after washing it because that does a proper job of getting rid of the hash I make of it! That is, of course, until I then drive in the aftermath of that rain and it gets filthy...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club