Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Failed 2013 Fiesta Zs!!!

njosefx

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know what's happened to my 13 Plate ZS. on the 1st April was driving back home in traffic, then I couldn't get the car into gear any more.

I drove back home in second gear, and things just got even worse. The car was struggling to start because the clutch wasn't engaging properly, Called my local ford and they advised me to call ford assist this was around 4:30pm. Ford assist said it could be up to 2 hours for someone to come and take the car by which then my local ford will be closed. I decided to drive the car in second gear to my ford garage(Thank you long gear ratios!) Took it too ford, one of the guys drove it and said he also thought it was the clutch.

At the this point I was very annoyed because I had previously mentioned to ford that the clutch on this car is giving me problems and I think its faulty, back then ford assured me that there is nothing with the clutch and having said that after a few weeks I broke down because the car wouldn't get out of reverse gear, AA guy came and managed to get it out and gave me a report saying ford needs to investigate gearbox! Took it too ford next day, and they said they cant find anything wrong with it, and that they can't investigate the gearbox because the problem wasn't there at the time. I hoped it was a one off and left it.

The car has been with my local ford for the past 12 days and a series of events took place. The guys there said that if it was the clutch then I would have to pay for it. I said to them I will not pay for a new clutch on the car because I've had it for less than 6 months and the car has done 15k in total. We ended on them saying lets see what the problem is first. I phoned them up a few days after and they said that they need to get approval from ford to open up the gearbox. after a few days I phoned again they told me that the clutch on the car has failed but they have no idea why! They also said that they phone Main ford and they agreed to pay for the new clutch because they don't know why it failed. They said we are now waiting on parts to arrive and it shouldn't take any longer then 2-3 working days, this was on the Tuesday 8th April. I phoned them Yesterday and they said they are still waiting on parts which are expected to arrive by Wednesday/Thursday and the car should be ready by Friday 18th April. I was very shocked to hear how long it will take to receive a clutch.

Very sorry if the story had dragged but overall I just wanted to say that I've personally never seen such bad service from a local ford garage. In total I would be without my car for 18 days and that's if I get it back on Friday. I personally think if I was paying for it myself they would of had it done the next day.

What do you guys think about the whole situation?

Many Thanks

Noor

Pretty !Removed! customer service that mate...

Hope it's trouble free when you get it back

Sounds like a bit of bad luck sorry to hear this.

When I have had to take my car on two occasions in the last (yes they wasn't a big job like a clutch)

They couldn't of helped me anymore than they did.

Really apologetic couldn't do much more than get it sorted which they did each occasion within the day.

Mine was on a used 2010 ZS with 3 months warranty left so if out of the two you would of thought they would of been funny with me not you on a new car.

Only thing I can suggest is ask to speak to there dealership Manager and put in a complaint you may end up getting a free service or something out of them it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Pretty !Removed! customer service that mate...

Hope it's trouble free when you get it back

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that as well!

Many Thanks mate, I just missing driving my car

Sounds like a bit of bad luck sorry to hear this.

When I have had to take my car on two occasions in the last (yes they wasn't a big job like a clutch)

They couldn't of helped me anymore than they did.

Really apologetic couldn't do much more than get it sorted which they did each occasion within the day.

Mine was on a used 2010 ZS with 3 months warranty left so if out of the two you would of thought they would of been funny with me not you on a new car.

Only thing I can suggest is ask to speak to there dealership Manager and put in a complaint you may end up getting a free service or something out of them it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thank you very much mate! My dealership are absolutely terrible! the guys there even assumed that I was doing 'wheel spins' which could of hurt the clutch!!?

I think it's because they see a young guy and think they can just pass on everything. I haven't thought about making a complain to be honest but now you've brought it up I definitely will be making one. If I get anything out of it then it's a plus!

I had the same issue with my dealer about my clutch, didn't completely fail like yours however it did mean I had to stand in the middle of the showroom and get very verbal before they took notice.

Mine took 6 days to replace in total got it back and it wouldn't go into gear as the technician forgot to clip the gear selectors in (after I was told it had be road tested which was complete bullsh**t.

In the end they sorted a scratches and car park dents out for me for free.

Seems there's an issue with the clutch on these ecoboost engines that ford don't want to acknowledge.

What Ford franchise was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Thats very poor service but it's not only ford , mmy previous car was a Toyota and had a gear selector/clutch problem it strted after about 6 month after I bought it but the garage were not interested they were adamant it wa the car mats! So I ended up taking it to another garage ( Toyota) and they were extremely helpful although the issue wa never fully sorted it was a lot better and they weren't as patronising , I would suggest you take your car to another ford dealership when you get it fixed

I had the same issue with my dealer about my clutch, didn't completely fail like yours however it did mean I had to stand in the middle of the showroom and get very verbal before they took notice.

Mine took 6 days to replace in total got it back and it wouldn't go into gear as the technician forgot to clip the gear selectors in (after I was told it had be road tested which was complete bullsh**t.

In the end they sorted a scratches and car park dents out for me for free.

Seems there's an issue with the clutch on these ecoboost engines that ford don't want to acknowledge.

What Ford franchise was it?

It was Think Ford Farnborough. Within the first month of purchasing the car I phoned them and said to them I think there is something wrong with this car! Absolutely horrendous service which I'm very shocked and angry about. I will most certainly be making a complaint.

Noor I don't know if you got the car new or used but check your warranty carefully. If you first told the dealer of your worries within the warranty period then stick to your guns as you have a case. They will try and fob you off as a wear and tear item etc. This is normal. You need to put a case together of when you first told the dealer about your clutch and who you spoke to etc. The more evidence you have the better your case will be and if turns nasty and you have get all legal on them your case will stand a better chance of succeeding the more information you can provide. Good luck.

Thats worrying bought my car new from think ford of Guildford although I wont be using them I live too far away

There's a definitely some sort of issue with clutches, it's weather ford will hold their hands up to it or just say it's wear and tear.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club