Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Studs

D13 HPD 95

changing my wheel studs for longer ones and want to know if anyone has changed them before? if so is it hard or easy? any help would be great full thank you

You'll probably need to remove the hub mate and hammer them out, or better still, use a press if you can borrow the use of one. Then the same putting them back in.

I've watched a couple of vids, could i put a nut on the stud then hammer it out but it hits the nut before flying out? and then put the new stud in with some grease and tighten it up with a nut before putting the wheel and everything on to make sure its on? would that be the way to do it?

Thing is if u don't press out flange or bearing studs won't come fit past hub if u just try hammer out but u can grind small bit off back of stud an it wil fit but would only really do that if replacing one that was snapped

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Dan.

When I put my new wheels on I managed to thread one of the studs on the front. I just used a mallet to knock the stud out(came out really easy) then put new stud back through the splined hole, and used a wheel nut and spanner or socket to wind it home. I also used some washers to pack out over the stud to save some time so that you don't have to wind the nut all the way to the face of the hub to pull it on.Hope that makes sense. Sorry haven't done a rear one, will be a bit different because drum brakes.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app

cheers dan, i get hat you mean, but the fronts are easier to do, like mick said i think the drums will get in the way of the hub so i wouldn't be able to get them out :/ hmm not sure what else to do now??

Wat is ur car a new fiesta u can remove hub easy on rear no press needed they bolt on hub I think

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

its a 59 plate fiesta mk7 i want to put longer studs in the rears for spacers as the spacers i have on at the mo don't sit right and don't like them

Did you get a set with your spacers? I'll have to change mine too when I get smacers

No i used ebiach spacers on the rears and just a little concerned they have damaged my alloys so i was going to change them for the spacers with longer studs but wipped the alloys off and it all seems fine so im not going to bother any more, i asked a garage how much and was quoted 20 a side so i wouldnt have done it for my that if have got them to do it, just make sure u get hun centric spacers tho m8

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

does any one know if the rear hubs on a fiesta mk7 come off without the need of a press? ie can i change the studs myself or just give it to a garage to do ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club