Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Door Open Light Stays On..... Help......!!

chris301up

Hi,

I've been reading this thread with interest as I have the same issue with my passenger door on my 5 door Mk6. I have tried all the quick fixes to no avail. So, I have decided its a "door card off and change the lock job". With the help of this thread and some handy youtube videos, I'm happy I can do the job.

My question is, does anyone know if the lock assembly for the 3 door and 5 door are the same? The reason being, there seems to be plenty of locks available on eBay from the 3 door for about £20. But so far I have only found one which has come from a 5 door and its on a buy it now for 50 quid!!!

Advice will be greatly appreciated. 

I can confirm that the lock assembly is exactly the same on both 3 door and 5 door models except for the interior door latch cable. Just swap this over when fitting. I have done this on a couple of occasions without issue. Initially getting the door card off was my main problem, but as long as you remove the window first, it really is very straightforward. Best of luck

3 hours ago, chris301up said:

I can confirm that the lock assembly is exactly the same on both 3 door and 5 door models except for the interior door latch cable. Just swap this over when fitting. I have done this on a couple of occasions without issue. Initially getting the door card off was my main problem, but as long as you remove the window first, it really is very straightforward. Best of luck

chris301up,

Thanks for the reply. That’s great! Looking forward to cracking on now and (hopefully) having working central locking. Cheers. 

My mk6 had this issue, not to the extent of not locking butt the light stayed on so I changed the whole locking system in the door, hope this helps

• 2 months later...

I had the same not locking problem.

Its not a fix but a cheat to lock the car.

Just insert key to lock position and hold it there for 2 seconds.

I

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2019 at 1:59 AM, RichMather83 said:

Hi,

I've been reading this thread with interest as I have the same issue with my passenger door on my 5 door Mk6. I have tried all the quick fixes to no avail. So, I have decided its a "door card off and change the lock job". With the help of this thread and some handy youtube videos, I'm happy I can do the job.

My question is, does anyone know if the lock assembly for the 3 door and 5 door are the same? The reason being, there seems to be plenty of locks available on eBay from the 3 door for about £20. But so far I have only found one which has come from a 5 door and its on a buy it now for 50 quid!!!

Advice will be greatly appreciated. 

I had that same problem, try this, unlock the car with the remote, then manually lock and unlock the drivers door 5 or 6 times, you will hear the little electric motor locks work for about the first 5 times then stop. This reset my system and I had no false open door warnings. Obviously this post may come too late for some of you, but hope it helps someone .

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem with my car Ford Fiesta 2008, with the passenger door open error message appearing until the door is slammed several times to lock.

Could anyone advise which is the actual part I require second hand as my garage has quoted £376! for new.

Thanks Louise

• 10 months later...

I have a much older Fiesta (2004) and the same 'open door warning' problem has just occurred. Is the system same as later models also I wonder, since the warning will show for any one of the four doors or the boot, where does one start?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club