Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Noise?

suddste

Hello,

This noise has been bugging me for nearly 2 years now, over that time it's slowly been getting worse. Started at about 60,000mls and now at 90,000 miles and its worse. The noise is worse when the belt is under load, like with A/C on and heated windscreen the noise is much louder. I did take it to Ford but they just said its the "FEAD" belt, and recommended replacing the belt, however I don't know if it is the belt itself. Any ideas?

I've attached a sound clip of the noise

noise.wav

Can't open the file john

Can't open the file john

try opening in media player

Hello,

This noise has been bugging me for nearly 2 years now, over that time it's slowly been getting worse. Started at about 60,000mls and now at 90,000 miles and its worse. The noise is worse when the belt is under load, like with A/C on and heated windscreen the noise is much louder. I did take it to Ford but they just said its the "FEAD" belt, and recommended replacing the belt, however I don't know if it is the belt itself. Any ideas?

I've attached a sound clip of the noise

I can only hear your sound from one side of my speaker. Its hard to hear something. you should record it again with better quality. and stereo, from both side.

IS it from the engine bay or from inside the cabin? if its the engine, it could be either an AUX belt on the way out, or could be a pulley.

Sorry wront topic JohnS

It is from inside the cabin, the "wind" you can hear, i cant explain why, there is no wind inside, but when you record it with the phone hold on a front window dock, you record a kind of "wind". But the interesting part is between 30 and 40 when i push the pedal and pass the gears.

I will check the aux belt.

I dont understand? My cars noise is definatly from the engine bay if thats what your talking about??

the only thing i can here is the tappy ness of your engine.... opens up on vlc player, and open freely.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club