Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Missing A Load Of Fuses?

Jinkz

Ok so I had a look at my fuse box and i'm pretty sure there are some missing, can anyone shed an light on it?

I have a standard 1.6tdci 06 model climate pack.

Any help greatly appreciated!

post-32529-0-47168100-1402417971_thumb.j

The missing fuses are for options your car does not have. Ford does only install fuses of options which are actually installed in the car. If your car does not have heated seats there will be no fuse for heated seats either.

Some other functions are country specific. The Scandinavian daytime running lights for example. On a non scandinavian car the fuses and relay for this function are missing. on the higher end versions of the GEM module/fuse box this function can be activated by simply installing the fuses and relays.

Lower end versions of the GEM module/fuse box do not have contact pins for fuses of not supported functions. In this case the fuses are missing because it is not even possible to install them.

• Like 1

Full fuse board guide for an early MK2 Focus is linked under this post.

Just curious as things like the fuel pump doesnt have a fuse and surely I have a fuel pump? Seems a bit sparse..

Just curious as things like the fuel pump doesnt have a fuse and surely I have a fuel pump? Seems a bit sparse..

The fuel pump fuse is only on petrol engined cars, not diesels. There are also a few fuse numbers that aren't actually used by anything. You'll have 3 more on the main fusebox that aren't on petrols though (2 for glowplugs, one auxilliary heater).

Ah ok makes sense, I did have one for the electric seats, and I don't have electric seats, so when my 20a one popped when a bit of metal fell into the 12v dc slot, I took it out and replaced it with that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club