Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus St Estate Or Mondeo Estate

Pete_Repka

Hello !

So I'm researching into buying either a Ford Focus ST Estate or a Mondeo Estate.

I'm married, have a little boy (20 months) and a (sheep) dog.

I currently drive a (non-ford) GTI hatch but am definitely buying a ford.

On the one hand I'd quite like a Focus ST Estate, on the other I know that I'd get tons of boot space with the Mondeo Estate.

Primarily it's for the regular trips up to the in-laws with the wife, kid, dog, bags etc. We also enjoy traveling around the UK (Peak District, Pembrokeshire, Devon, Cornwall, Isle of WIght) so I'm considering the Mondeo just because of the sheer size of storage space. Having loads of room for the dog, bags for week long holidays appeals to me.

On the flip side, I live in SE London. Will I find the Mondeo too much of a beast when doing the fortnightly trips to the supermarket. Is the Mondeo excessive for my "couple-of-times-a-year" trips around the UK, and will the sport Focus ST be more fun and more enjoyable.

Lastly - if i do get an ST Estate, can I get a deisel, or is it Petrol only.
Is it worth getting the ST3 ? or is it mostly extra gadgets that I'm paying for and an ST1 will suit me as a reformed family man.

A lot of questions I know, but any advice welcome.

given your situation, the amount you lug around and the fact that you have so many trips, I would recommend the mondeo. You do get more bootspace, and you would have to probably get a roof box if you need to lug so much. there is little difference between the Focus and the Mondeo in size (maybe a couple of inches overall) so you wont find much of a difference there.

Depending on the engine you go for in the mondeo I would be very surprised if you find the mondeo more a beast, in fact I think you would find the Focus ST is too hungry for travelling around london to really get the worth out of it.

Whilst the ST would be an awesome motor, I think that you might find its more detrimental around london. The question is if you would get the best out of it for 50 weeks of the year, and if the last two weeks of the year would warrant the extra fun of the Focus, or if you would be better to get the mondeo and get the bigger car but to get the most benefit of it day to day?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club