Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl Lighting Install

copelcon91

Evening everyone! Am after some safety check advice, have got a drl kit to fit to my mk2 ford focus im going to run the wire threw the grommet on the bulk head to a switch in my glove box then to the battery to the lights with a fuse in the wiring does this sound the safe way to do it? I want the lights on a switch so there at my control! Thanks very much

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

to be honest, if your wanting to do it that way, the you will be looking at extending the wiring, but have a look here for full advice:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/144-guide-for-fitting-daytime-running-lights-focus-mk25/

Yeah I mean I have a massive reel of the wire so not relaly worried about that I jist didnt wanna hack into any ignition lives? Wanted the easiest and safest separate way to do it thanks for replying really appreciate it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

easiest way to get into the relay without hacking at it, is by using PosiTap's.

They are more expensive than their scotch lock counterparts, but they are easier to use, cleaner and safer.

I used a fuse tap to tap into the engine sensors relay to get the power, so they turned on and off with the engine. I ran it so that when the sidleights came on it went off, but if your wanting an override, then your going to need to wire it to the battery terminal with an additional switch to control it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club