Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

An Update Would Be Nice! - Oh, And Not Joyriding My Car!

jeebowhite

Taken without Owners Consent,

The difference is that Theft is outright taking of someone elses property, TWOC'ing is basically abusing your position of trust and "stealing" or "borrowing" it by abuse of that trust.

i.e. if you have a full license and the car, and you live with your girlfriend and she takes the car in the middle of the night (say she only has a provisional license) then if she gets pulled, she can be done for TWOC, as well as driving on a provisional without supervision, and driving without insurance.

Bad girlfriend lol

Taken without Owners Consent,

The difference is that Theft is outright taking of someone elses property, TWOC'ing is basically abusing your position of trust and "stealing" or "borrowing" it by abuse of that trust.

i.e. if you have a full license and the car, and you live with your girlfriend and she takes the car in the middle of the night (say she only has a provisional license) then if she gets pulled, she can be done for TWOC, as well as driving on a provisional without supervision, and driving without insurance.

Bad girlfriend lol

well aslong as she got away before the missus woke up: i wouldnt mind her taking the car,

Although she would be due a good spankin, next time the missus was away :lol:

• Like 3

You my friend are both crazy and insanely suicidal! How on earth you are not buried under the floorboards I dont know :p

As for the camera, yeah, I really am so glad I have it. With it, this guy will get comuppance, and it will prevent him next time doing much more damage. How many times has he gotten away with it I wonder? maybe im the first, or the hundredth but I will certainly be the last!

• Like 1

You my friend are both crazy and insanely suicidal! How on earth you are not buried under the floorboards I dont know :p

As for the camera, yeah, I really am so glad I have it. With it, this guy will get comuppance, and it will prevent him next time doing much more damage. How many times has he gotten away with it I wonder? maybe im the first, or the hundredth but I will certainly be the last!

:lol: its how ya tell em,

Have you got a link to that camera system aswell?

Im looking to fit one now lol catch vicki dogging while im working nights :lol: sponserd by Denny

• Like 1

I find it even more hilarous that he actually thinks he could handle/or even get a wife & gf...even his own mother prefers me than him lol

Really glad ye got good outcome in this situation jeebs

haha, Lenny, have a look at my sig for the camera, otherwise I will go digging links for you.

Anyway - I come bearing excellent news IMHO. Although of course it would be unwise to say too much, the police have registered a crime reference number and its been handed over. TWOC and No Insurance at a minimum.

I have to say, I am happy that its even got this far!

• Like 4

well I have had to remove the video in the short term, I was advised by a soliticitor friend of mine that it would be best in order to prevent any possible problems in the course of the investigation and prosecution, the details will be shared when things make a good move!

• Like 2

Wow, I'm gobsmacked jeebs!

Good thing you had the cam or you would probably never have known this happened.

Glad the tool is getting what he deserves, fair enough I say.

Fair play for doing what needed to be done too, your car was left in their 'care' & they obviously didn't care for it - and the boss SHOULD know what his employees are up to in HIS customers' cars at all times, that's why he's the boss right?! It's his business & reputation on the line after all.

Good luck though Jeebs, I didn't get chance to view the video before you took it down but can't wait to see it now!

I will share it once the police are finished, but as of yet I havent heard anything, so I suspect they are busy as it is! I might give them a call and just ask if they want me to drop the DVD off, or send him a link to the youtube vid, then will let them do what they need to do!

• Like 1

The number of expletives leaving my mouth right now is unbelievable, so I shall have to type extra carefully....

I spoke to the garage today.... the garage owner is disputing the number of miles that were travelled as apparently he saw him "drive straight from maidstone, to the garage" - he clearly didnt watch it properly. Now, If I was an angry customer, would you want to throw petrol on the fire? I dont think so, if anything I would at least reassure the customer that I had followed through on a promise!!!

So along with that, he sent the loom back, and seems to be defending his employee and ignoring the facts... More info to gather and will send it to the police and take it from there.

So, the only conclusion to draw from that, he defends his employee and practice and most likely has not / will not be offering him a P45! so when I hear from the police I shall share the information and will then be looking to take the information to the local rag!

I'm am shocked reading through this. Hope the police do do something they cant get away with that

scary thing is, some of us have probably had the same thing happen to us, but we got no idea its happened, as a rule i generally take note of my odometer before leaving my car at a garage

Garage I use makes a note of the odometer reading with me present, and state whether or not they will need to do a test drive.

But to turn round and blatantly lie despite video evidence (which when coupled with Google Earth's ruler tool, you can prove exactly how far he travelled) is just down right stupid and pathetic!

What an absolute joke! Jeebs, I sincerely hope you get a satisfactory result - and don't forget, bad reviews are at least 10x more potent than good ;)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

couldnt agree more! no better bad review than a column in the paper!

I just find it amusing all in all, I did a quick bit of maths, I told them they did about 50 - 60 miles, I googled it and if he took a direct route home (would he have really?) then it would have been 45 miles! none the less, that isnt a test drive its a pee take!

Well I called up and left a voicemail for the DS in charge of my case who will hopefully call me back soon!

What the guy did was disgraceful Jeebs! You're lucky you have a dashcam as otherwise you wouldn't have a leg to stand on against the garage. I seriously want a Blackvue dashcam for when I get my car, my dad just had one fitted to his car and it's a great bit of kit!

Let's hope the Police get somewhere with the guy who did it!

I think a call to Trading Standards is in order.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

Well again, as there is an investigation ongoing I cant go into too much detail, however....

I got off the phone with the D.S in CID, he has handed it to one of his team. Long story short, taking into account all of the offences, they are looking to summarise it as "Agrevated TWOC" due to the damaged alloy. They will be starting to investigate as of Monday night (when the officer is in for his shift) so he can watch the video etc, so I just need to drop my local station a visit over the weekend with a DVD.

There is so much more I want to say, but cant on the open forum as I dont want to jeapordise any investigations so will fill you all in when the process is moreso signed off!

Yea best to keep quiet for the moment. The last thing you want to do is risk the whole case.

Hopefully he gets done big time.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

They will be starting to investigate as of Monday night (when the officer is in for his shift) so he can watch the video etc, so I just need to drop my local station a visit over the weekend with a DVD.

Need For Speed is just out on DVD this week should be a good one,

and dont forget the popcorn, Ow and some Nachos with Extra Cheese!! Keep em sweet,

• Like 2

As if the owner of the garage is defending the guy! even if he had driven in straight from Maidstone to the garage does that make it right? what about the damage to your car? This makes a bad situation worse, to me it seems as though the garage owner must of allowed the mechanic to use your car so cant really dismiss him.

• Like 1

After reading all of this thread has got me wanting to fit a dash camera system to my car,

However i was deterred by the size of the camera systems aswell as huge satnav style suction cups, most on the market are bulky and clearly visible from both inside and outside the vehicle,

2014-01-02082902_zps6273baae.jpg

2014-01-02082842_zpsb198e433.jpg

However I've just discovered this twin camera system for front and rear coverage,

The screen and DVR is separate from both cameras resulting in a smaller lens on the window aswell as smaller suction cups,

I plan to purchase in September, fitting the DVR in the boot compartment out of view and fit the front camera inline with the rear view mirror,

Aswell as run cable through the boot panel mounting the rear camera on the top centre of the tinted glass for some "back door action" encase of entry :lol:

Here's a link to the kit: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221206242052?cmd=VIDESC

haha, you do realise you copied my pictures of my camera from my CMAX dont you? :P

Does look like a nice kit mate!

as for Karl, yeah keeping shtum for a while, Daniel, couldnt agree more!

• Like 2

So sorry to hear what happened jeebs. I hope Justice has due course and the person responsible is prevented from doing this again to someone elses car. Also, that your car is back in it's original state.

Like Lenny said, best thing you can do is to not let it consume your everyday life. Need For Speed movie might just be the thing if you are not into Football tonight :)

haha, Cheers Hassen,

Yeah its one of those things where it is reduced now, I am not as bitter as I was before! but until my airbag light issue is resolved, the alloy is repaired and I am back on track then I can get it over it for the most part!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club