Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The First Tune

Cheeky Daz

Set the scene - you've signed the paperwork and been given the tour of your new Fiesta by the dealer. You've adjusted the seat and mirrors and you're sitting comfortably ready for the drive home. What record are you going to put on for your first drive of your new Fiesta?

Only one for me - System of a Down / Toxicity

For years, whenver I changed my car, I used to put on Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics - now it tends to be whatever is on my Ipod (i.e. my favourite CD) - if it turns up within the next couple of months chances are it will be Love Etc. by the Pet Shop Boys as it is the first track off of Yes - or maybe Kylie

I'm ancient, I played a compilation of Chris Rea...Texas..Daytona...Road to Hell etc..etc....wunderbar :(

Nice looking car Smurfs - you should put some pics up of it

Ill be tuning into whatever station i find and probably spend the first few minutes of my drive listening to westlife :(

Switching on the radio doesn't count right?

Armed with a newly acquired Y-cable once I get my iTouch from my gf this evening, and I'll be hitting the roads with the absolute epic Bat Out of Hell.

I just put the radio on - didn't have a cd or my iPod with me.

I took ages agonising over this :lol: because I know I remember the first song I ever played when I first passed my test and went out alone (Christina Milian - L.O.V.E) but my salesman just plugged in my iPhone to show me how it works and I was rushed putting a song on, it ended up being The Noisettes version of "When you were young", but I love that song so I don't mind :D

I'll be hitting the roads with the absolute epic Bat Out of Hell.

Good choice that man--can't beat a bit of Meatloaf!

I went to see him live at the NEC in Birmingham a few years ago........awesome! ;)

Good choice that man--can't beat a bit of Meatloaf!

I went to see him live at the NEC in Birmingham a few years ago........awesome! ;)

It didnt go according to plan I connected, fiddled but failed then switched to radio. On the journey home I pressed AUX and it was playing song 4, dammit! I didnt know how to change songs or playlists and all i saw was song 4 of 962 (Yikes).

Time to crack open the manual.

I didnt listen to anything - it was chucking down with rain ( I mean absolutely pissingit down) and I was so worried about driving home and losing control of my beloved babe that I didnt dare take my hands of the wheel lol I can tell you what is in my car (well mountunes) right now - Sash greatest hits - sounds fantastic in our cars!!!

• 2 months later...

My current favourite track

Lily Allen - F*** You!

Windows down, stereo up and singing along . . .well maybe not as I pull up outside either parents houses! LOL

The first song i'm going to play when I eventually get my car will be Drive My Car by The Hot Rats...cover of the beatles i think?

It was on that advert with sienna miller ( :wub: ) in it. Quite an appropriate tune i think.

I'm currently planning to play 'SURV1V3', which is the theme to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

I like the tune, it's associated with cars and it's quite upbeat. Seems to fit well :) .

Might also try 'Moon Over The Castle', which is the main theme for the Gran Turismo series.

You can probably tell, I like that game :P .

Hrrrrm Have to think about this one for a bit.

[untitled] - Interpol, shortly followed by the rest of the album

I must remember to take the CD with me now!

Not sure which tune, but it has to Meatloaf-esque at full blast. To signify good times!

it doesn't quite count, but when I have finally saved up for the insurance for my brand new fiesta titanium with the dress up pack (cunningly disguised as an R reg mk4 base spec ) I might put on michael by franz ferdinand

my name is michael

my reg plate will be M11 HKL

seems appropriate!

not yet paul, i'm definitely getting it, I will probably ask dad to purchase the plate about a month from now, early october ish and make sure its all done in time. then once I have the certificate then I wil drive to shrewsbury to get the plate assigned to the car, then I should also have th actual plates by then to give to my mum to wrap up and then come the 29th october I will stick the plates on!

it means the car would technically be illegal with the original plates on but its on the drive and its gated so noone wil suspect a thing!

WHEN "El Fiesto" (or whatever his name is going to be.....he's Spanish LOL) finally arrives,

it's going to be something by The Cure. Yup....dodgy old goth alert!!!

:P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club