Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What The Hell Is This ?

Paisleyjim

Well guys. I was just having a look at my spark plugs today and took the oil cap of the rocker cover and noticed some sort of marks inside. (See pics) post-53860-140751072062_thumb.jpgpost-53860-140751073298_thumb.jpg

Also I noticed droplets of water inside where the spark plugs go and a dust that looks like fine rust any idea what it is

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

The marks on the camshaft are normal. After the camshafts are casted the excessive material is removed with a grinding machine and the camshafts are balanced by removing excessive weight. Both processes can cause these marks on the camshafts.

Water ingress in the spark plug holes is a known problem of the 1.4 and 1.6 Duratec engines of the Focus MK2/MK2.5. The problem is caused by leaking washerjets. Installing new washerjets (with an improved rubber gasket) or applying sealant between the washerjets and the bonnet solves the problem.

• Like 1

Ahh cheers for that. Thought something was gonna go in my car

• Like 1

Well guys. I was just having a look at my spark plugs today and took the oil cap of the rocker cover and noticed some sort of marks inside. (See pics) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1407510719.146691.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1407510731.894643.jpg

Also I noticed droplets of water inside where the spark plugs go and a dust that looks like fine rust any idea what it is

common problem exclusive to the 1.6 petrol focus,

Well happens all focus but only affects the 1.6 petrol engine,

The main issue is the seals around the washer jets have perished allowing water to leak in to the engine bay,

Due to the design of the 1.6 petrol the rain water leaks in through the ignition lead seals allowing water inside the rocker cover housing,

Some clear silicone under the washer jets on the bonnet to start mate,

• Like 1

Yeh think il do that tomoz. Is it bad for the engine if water gets into the spark plugs ?

• Like 1

Yeh think il do that tomoz. Is it bad for the engine if water gets into the spark plugs ?

more of an issue in the winter when it freezes mate

Ive saw worse cases where the plugs were swimming in the block,

Ideally plugs should be insulted from moisture let alone water but we have diagnosed the root cause.

Cheers. Would love to clean out all the dust might do that when I take the rocker cover off to paint it

• Like 1

Cheers. Would love to clean out all the dust might do that when I take the rocker cover off to paint it

artscot took his off and painted had same issue perhaps he has a link to a thread

Cool il try and look for it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club