Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lights On Registration Plate Legal?

Paramanic

well just as it says i put in these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390872933277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

but was wondering if there legal my mate has led lights on his and his are much brighter and he has been pulled for his numberplate (shortened) but they didn't point out his leds or that

• Like 1

They'll be fine... As long as they're not pointing backwards into the eyes of a car behind you then it's no problem :D

Been driving round with LED's in my number plate lights for a couple years now.. Not been pulled over yet and I've had a fair few police vehicles behind at night over the two years, so surely one would have pulled me over by now :)

• Like 1

Quite a few people have put LED's to replace their normal bulbs. Much brighter. Law states rear reg plate lights must be lit between sunset and sunrise, but doesn't seem to specify or care what bulbs you use, so can't see it being illegal.

• Like 1

cheers guys and yeah it does look alot better lol already changed all interior (footwell plus reading lamps 2 normal lights and a glovebox light) thought i might aswell do reg lol had to use a 501 blue tint to get white for glove box couldnt find a led for glovebox the leds i use are about 3mm too big

• Like 1

so long as they're bright enough.... Some are very directional so leave a dark patch in the middle which will get picked up on an mot

• Like 1

Led plate lights are fine as long as they're white and (as stated) do not point rearwards.

I have led lights fitted myself.

• Like 1

Put the same ones in my map lights and bright as day and from rear of the car they're bright but show the number plate well 100% white they are beautiful and don't shine backwards shine on ground a little guess that's ok

• Like 1

Must be legal as audi bmw merc and focus's to name a few have them aswell lol

Yeah, they'll be fine. I actually got pulled for mine a couple of weeks ago by a police van because of this but I soon educated then on it haha. They pulled me for that but didn't even mention my rear illegal tinted number plate, my front number plate was on the windscreen and I've got a flashing spoiler brake light hahaha idiots

Strictly speaking they won't be legal if the bulbs don't have an E mark approval, but I'm sure nothing would happen unless they are too dim or don't illuminate the plate properly.

• Like 1

Yeah, they'll be fine. I actually got pulled for mine a couple of weeks ago by a police van because of this but I soon educated then on it haha. They pulled me for that but didn't even mention my rear illegal tinted number plate, my front number plate was on the windscreen and I've got a flashing spoiler brake light hahaha idiots

..,,,.I bet you'd also be calling them idiots if they had noticed and tore you a new one..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club