Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V Supply For Dash Camera

Simon054

Hi,

I am trying to find a 12v supply that is off until the engine button is pressed so that I can fit a dash camera. Is there an easy take off point located somewhere behind the dash as there seems to be a multitude of voltages acros some contacts. The 12v lighter socket is always on so I can't take the supply from that. The car is a 61 plate ford focus.

you want the ignition live on the stereo and then an earth point in that case.

Sounds like you have your plan, but would it be possible to install another 12v socket behind the dash by splicing into the current 12v wires and have a switch on the heated screens panel so you could break the power supply (turn it off) when you aren't using it?

I know it's far more fiddly and complicated and could leave you in a position where you forget to turn it on/off, but I was just wondering if the magic power of electricity works that way?

It is doable - but for the sake of a piggyback fuse, it's easier & more convenient to go for the ignition live

Piggy back fuse and transformer all the way, much neater than tapping into a fuse

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club