Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre Purchase Advice Appreciated

barney490

Hello all, I am thinking of moving stables from Vauxhall to Ford and would like your opinions on any weak points of the Mondeo 2.0L petrol, about 2010 model year. Not interested in opinions on diesels, I will never buy another oil burner of any kind!!

many thanks in advance.

Best idea you'll probably ever have.

Moving from Vauxhall to Ford is definitely the right move.

The Mk4 Mondeo is excellent.

Pity your not interested in a diesel as the Mondeo one is very good.

the 2010 59 plate estate 2l petrol does everything I ask of it, lower maintenance costs than the diesel and better mpg than my previous 61 plate 1.6 focus.

Must admit, I would sing the praises of the diesel to anyone who would listen. But everyone has their reasons (I wonder if you could possibly be converted though?)

The Mondeo is a fantastic motor, very well built, and very spacious, I must admit we see less Petrol owners on here than diesel, which could be either of the following reasons:

1) They dont have issues, and dont need to login to a forum to ask for help

or

2) They dont have half as much fun and so dont join the forums :P

Alternatively (IMHO) diesel is much more common in the mondeo than Petrol. I cannot remember the last time I saw a mondeo that didnt have a TDCI badge on the back.

Anyway, as for the engine, I hear that they are great cars, economy is under most circumstances average for a Petrol variant engine of its size, but it is slightly better than competitors of equal cars (Passat petrol being one I heard a comparison of). Otherwise, the electrical systems and general otherwise day to day parts and management of the car are really good. I am dealing with an auto electrician at the moment (I have an airbag issue) and he said that he rarely ever sees the MK4 mondeo, yet he will see pretty much every other car on the road several times over between visits.

Personally I think that inspires confidence, so although I cant offer advice on the petrol side (other than as long as your happy to pay the RFL on a petrol motor and the anticipated slightly higher fuel costs) you really cannot go wrong with this car.

• Like 1

You are correct, Petrol models are rare, I searched high and low for one and even the ones I found didn't stay on the market for long, for me being retired I am lucky if I do 3000 miles a year so petrol prices far outway the disadvantages of diesels, in the end bought high mileage ex fleet at excellent price, must admit was a iitle wary but it drove like like new and although not really necessary changed discs/pads and tyre alround and took out recovery at £52 which included free Halfrauds mot and not had ounce of trouble in 15 months, so for me im comfortable happy and can have fun.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.. I have three letters why I wont have another diesel anything....D P F. my journeys are mainly short , round town, no good for dpf equipped cars.

I totally agree, I'm a 02 Mondeo petrol owner and I've used the site mainly for advice on fixing little bits and how to get more out of it as a car. I very rarely visit the site, as I find the Mondeo is very reliable though a bit expensive on petrol over diesel.

My father in law bought one of the first Mk4 on 07 plate when they first came to production in UK, he even bought the all mod cons variant as well. Though he has had no end of problems with it since.

Must admit, I would sing the praises of the diesel to anyone who would listen. But everyone has their reasons (I wonder if you could possibly be converted though?)

The Mondeo is a fantastic motor, very well built, and very spacious, I must admit we see less Petrol owners on here than diesel, which could be either of the following reasons:

1) They dont have issues, and dont need to login to a forum to ask for help

or

2) They dont have half as much fun and so dont join the forums :P

Alternatively (IMHO) diesel is much more common in the mondeo than Petrol. I cannot remember the last time I saw a mondeo that didnt have a TDCI badge on the back.

Anyway, as for the engine, I hear that they are great cars, economy is under most circumstances average for a Petrol variant engine of its size, but it is slightly better than competitors of equal cars (Passat petrol being one I heard a comparison of). Otherwise, the electrical systems and general otherwise day to day parts and management of the car are really good. I am dealing with an auto electrician at the moment (I have an airbag issue) and he said that he rarely ever sees the MK4 mondeo, yet he will see pretty much every other car on the road several times over between visits.

Personally I think that inspires confidence, so although I cant offer advice on the petrol side (other than as long as your happy to pay the RFL on a petrol motor and the anticipated slightly higher fuel costs) you really cannot go wrong with this car.

The first few I heard where Difficult at best.

I must admit if it wasn't for the fact the 1. 8 doesn't have a dpf I would have probably avoided diesel. I try to do my research having learned the hard way once before lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club