Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member: Ford Fiesta Metal (White And Black Edition) :)

Metaldyl

Hello I have just brought a 2012 fiesta metal. Love it wanna do some mods tho.. Hids, straight through,coil overs and maybe just maybe turboing ;) but finding hard to find the parts any helps would be awesome :) here's some pics. post-58005-140984992931_thumb.jpgpost-58005-140984995655_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Welcome to the family!

You dont have very ambitious plans do you? I mean you only want to stick a turbo on there :p

What engine you got? I am just trying to work out if a turbo is a waste or if your going to get some power back for your money?

Thank you :) and it's only a 1.6 see this is why I came on here. Cuz I make stupid decisions and waste loads of money. So now I can get good advice:) not sure if it will be worth the time and money or just wait till I get an ST2.. Hmmmmm

lol, we all have great idea's that much is true, but sadly I think you buying a turbo and getting it fitted on a petrol, your probably looking at more cost than gain!

The best thing you can do is improve its ability to breathe, better air filter, better exhaust as a starting point.

If you wanted a turbo, you would need to install the turbo, an intercooler, a remap and silicone hoses as a minimum. Some people have advised that an injector upgrade may be necessary as well as a means to manage the increased inlet manifold pressure.

All in all mate, your better bet would actually be to do an engine transplant and make it a diesel, and even that would be a nightmare, but its a better nightmare than doing a manual install :P

If you got it done professionally - your looking at about £5000 +

If you want more power, you can improve the air intake (either a green cotton filter, or a K&N Panel filter), bigger and straight through exhaust with decat would allow a better breathing environment, so these two would add some power (we are not talking large amounts) then a remap to get even more out of it. Even then your looking at around £1k for all of this, and maybe up to 20-30bhp absolute maximum.

Ahhh jeeezzzz.. Sounds like a lot of hassle think I will just stick with air filter and exhaust system for now.. And maybe change the car in a year or so.. But where's the best place to get decent parts.. eBay is crap any ideas? Thanks for the info tho probably saved me loads of time and money.

no worries

Any decent supplier, I would say for the filter, anywhere like EuroCarParts is a good place to start, also MicksGarage is a good supplier

With regards the exhaust, I would say you are best placed going to someone who does custom exhausts. if you buy an off the shelf it wont play nicely! also tell them you want it to pass an MOT, as I cant recall for petrol if the CAT (like the DPF) must be present in order to pass an MOT. if so you might need the CAT gutting out, otherwise a straight through 2.5" pipe might do the job perfectly.

Does the metal run 134bhp? If so get a Mountune upgrade or other well known remap that should give you 150+ bhp. Then start saving and get an ST

Yeah 134! Okay how much you reckon it would cost? Yeah saving easier said then done for me tho haha

Check the mountune website all the upgrades are on there. Probably be around £1500 to £2000

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club