Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's St Time! (Nearly)

CookieM

Next time remove the whole fitting from the roof and you can pull the bulbs from behind much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

So a little update...

Got some 3m carbon fibre wrap off eBay and some mirror caps from fords. Thought I'd give it a go myself first and if i completely messed it up, take them somewhere to be done.

It's taken me an hour and a half but finally got one finished! It's a little rough around the edge that will be closest to the car but you won't see it so I'm pretty happy.

Not bad for a first attempt if I may say so myself!

post-49691-14152199558_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And finished! :D the second ones a little neater and only took about an hour.

Can see the little rough patches in this picture. Not too bad.

Gotta wait until Saturday now to get them on the car

post-49691-141522292263_thumb.jpg

Youll have to show us a pic when they're on :)

Gotta see how they look..

Youll have to show us a pic when they're on :)

Gotta see how they look..

Of course!

Also.. booked car in to have windows tinted on Saturday :)

Tempted by the trc splitter. Didn't get one for my ZS because it required modification, not sure if the ST one is the same? And other than what I put in last post I may get front plastics sprayed gloss black and perhaps mountune mp215 in a few months time.

Ollie see the guide I posted a couple of days ago. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/265-triple-r-composites-front-splitter/

There is no modification required but two of the bolts are very difficult/impossible to reach but other than that its fairly straight forward

How is drilling four holes in the bumper no modification?! Lol

Got to fix it somehow but if you ever removed the splitter the holes can't be seen anyway

Good to hear another converted to the ST :). And you'll probably the only person on here with the rare ST1, most of us have Spirit Blue ST3s lol.

Have just changed my ST1 for the ST3, more toys :)

Got to fix it somehow but if you ever removed the splitter the holes can't be seen anyway

True. Thanks for the link but think I may leave it for now at least. Don't trust myself enough to do it.

Have just changed my ST1 for the ST3, more toys :)

Nice :) had to be strict with myself on budget this time. Will most likely get an ST2/3 in a year or so or possibly a focus ST1 (yes I'm already thinking about my next car lol)

Anyone have any advice on getting the caps off? Pointed the mirror to the ground and tried pushing the clips up and forward but couldn't get it to budge

Easiest way, pull the actual mirror glass off and then you can push the tabs holding it in place easily. Makes sure you hold the cap as it "pops" off.

Don't worry all done! First clip popped but didn't hear it. Angled the mirror to the other side N did those clips and popped straight off :)

What you guys think? I'm happy with how it looks, but not very happy with my wrapping skills lol. Think I may get them back off N re wrapped by a pro.

post-49691-141545214154_thumb.jpg

post-49691-141545215548_thumb.jpg

Glad you sorted it out dude and I think it looks good :)

Looks good :). Are you going to add any more carbon wrap somewhere to match it?

Not a fan of big areas of carbon so don't really wanna do the roof. The badges are carbon already N got a carbon brake light sticker on the way. Quite tempted to wrap the diffuser in carbon but not quite sure atm lol

To be fair they almost match the colour of the wheels, so there's no need to do the roof in the style of a Red / Black Edition.

Mirrors look good, wrapping curves isn't easy though.

This was at ford fair which looked good

f93a20138ebf46286b9665604614ee66.jpg

The piece of bumper under the lower front grill looks good wrapped in gloss black, so might look good in carbon too.

Not sure i like it,.. its different though?

Maybe if there was a bit more wrapped..

Im fussy though lol

With the wrapping I prefer gloss to vinyl just because it keeps that metallic shine :P vinyl does look good though! I want mine wrapped with black alloys to match.

!Removed!, may as well have bought a corsa. Ahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Thing with wraps is they just don't last very long. Carbon wrap looks good when it's top end wrap and not the cheap stuff you see on all the Beemers in Slough ( Carbon Bonnet innit Bruuuuuuv )

I remember back in the days of proper modding someone in Revs Magazine had a 206 with the roof cut out, a unique carbon replacement made up and put in....today that would cost probably around £5k to do it.

Pleb then went and painted it.

Some cars do look awesome wrapped, if its done correctly,

I quite like a wrapped scirocco :o

So had the windows tinted last week, looks much better now.

Also grabbed a Fiesta brake light sticker which is now on but unsure whether to leave it on. Did my best to line it up but sticker just isn't quite the right size.

post-49691-141614393679_thumb.jpg

post-49691-141614395419_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club