Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Question

filmAlive

Hi all

New owner of a fiesta titanium x. Quick question on the sync. In the adverts I've seen online for ford you can control the climate control by voice. I've tried temperature and climate as commands but nothing. Is it possible on UK models or is this American only?

Thanks

Doesn't work on the UK models as we have the inferior sync version.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully ford will one day allow us to update.

Doesn't work on any fiestas as far as I know.

Works on my focus, but I don't think the fiestas climate control supports remote control as it is not supported by the myford touch screen on the US fiesta either.

If you have voice control and eatc I don't see why not as it is built off the focus.

Electronic automatic temperature control.

Climate control as opposed to manual air conditioning basically.

It could easily have been added as if u change temp or fan it appears on the sync screen

Yeah I don't know the exact reasons, I just know it is not only the UK.

I think it is a fiesta issue rather than sync. Maybe the fiesta climate modules were never built to receive external inputs, only to give out messages.

Yea I have the climate control and does work, thanks for your help not sure when I'll ever use this but it's great tool haha! :) cheers Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This has to be an April 1st function. Such ollocks. Lemme just turn a knob and/or push a button (as I did when I was a kid) it isn't difficult, surely. There'll be more accidents when driving while folks are trying to remember the commands instead of using a simple switch process. Insanity I tell ya and a lil bit more to go wrong :D

Some tech is great but some is overkill. I mean I seen ages ago about the fan and temp but how far do we really want to go. 'Indicate left' 'indicate right' then why have even an outdated start button. Lets just say 'start car'

I even feel stupid at times saying blutooth audio.

Incidentally is there a shortcut to get it to play after bluetooth audio instead of then saying play ? Ie. Is there a play blutooth audio one step command rather than two ?

worked on the MK7 i have the sync system in my MK 7.5 and they left it out in the newer model

It would be really useful to have commands for the climate control, it's annoying when you have to take your eyes off the road for a second to change something. I always make sure there's nothing that I could crash into in that second lol, before I take my eyes off the road.

This makes me wonder though, Sync and all the infotainment stuff can be so distracting that maybe it's more likely to cause accidents than it is to save lives with emergency assistance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club