Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2010 Side Lights Issue

IanWilliamson

Hi,

I've got a Focus Titanium 2.0 2010 model, and my side lights on one side are not working. Left side works fine but right doesn't light up. I've looked for a manual with the use diagram but cannot find the right one on the internet. They all talk about fuses starting at number 1. The fuse box on the passenger side starts at fuse 100. Through trial and error I've identified fuse 103 as the left hand side lights (as they went out when I took this out) and fuse 102 and 104 seem ok, tried them both in 103 and this worked.

Does anyone know which fuse is for right side lights? Also if the fuse isn't the issue what could it be?

Tried changing the bulbs by the way.

Thanks

Ian

The manual says 'Parking lamps, side lamps, tail lamps (right hand side)' is fuse number 125 and then 124 for left.

103 is lighting control battery supply so both would go out, Have you checked its not the bulb or a loose connection could be worth checking with a multimeter?

• Like 1

Assuming your 2010 Focus is the Mk2.5 (facelift) model (it should be) then :-

F124 = Left side: Parking lamps, side lamps, tail lamps (main cluster of fuses - column 5, 2nd row)
F125 = Right side: Parking lamps, side lamps, tail lamps (main cluster of fuses - column 5, 3rd row)

Both fuses should be 7.5A fuses (Brown).

Stoney's signature has the fusebox diagrams for the Mk2.5 here

Edit:

Drat ! Ninja'd by James :)

If the driver's rear tail light is still working then it can't be the fuse as pulling F125 would also cause the driver's rear tail light to be off.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 3

Thankyou to 'The Duke' and 'Captain Haddock', spot on, fuse 125 had blown. Swapped 124 into 125 and lights working fine. Just need to pop to Halfords for spare set of fuses.

Thanks also for the link to the fuse diagram, stars!!!!!

Ian

• Like 2

Tidy glad its sorted :)

Signed the ninja!

Sent from my phone using Ford OC mobile app

• 5 years later...

My 2009 focus has the right side parking light gone, it’s not the bulb I’ve checked that and the fuse for it is also fine. Any ideas. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, Simon0107 said:

My 2009 focus has the right side parking light gone, it’s not the bulb I’ve checked that and the fuse for it is also fine. Any ideas. Cheers. 

Bulb holder itself can be flaky after a while with the temp changes, the wire actually coming loose from the holder is also another possibility from my experience. I have and had spare headlight units to play with and swap to test, I cant quite remember now if the left and right and interchangeable just to test or not, but always worth checking the connection at the bulb end for flaws.

• 5 months later...

I've got a 2010 1.6 tdci and just noticed got the two front side light not working but backs are.

Changed the bulbs checked fuses ,very strange that both aint working, any suggestions would be very grateful.

Thanks andy  

I have a ford focus Titanium 2011 

I also have a front left side light out. I can't find the correct fuse.

I'll be surprised if a single side light is controlled by a unique fuse, it'll probably be either bulb, holder or wiring issue.

The bulb holders are rubbish i had one where u had to wiggle it about to get it to work. 

• 3 years later...
On 8/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, andythom188 said:

I've got a 2010 1.6 tdci and just noticed got the two front side light not working but backs are.

Changed the bulbs checked fuses ,very strange that both aint working, any suggestions would be very grateful.

Thanks andy  

Hi Andy, did you manage to get this fixed as i have the exact same issue with my 2011 1,9 dci Kuga.  Failed its MOT for both front side lights not working but all other lights on the same fuse are fine.  Changed the bulbs and still not working,

Any pointers would be appreciated

Cheers

Paul

On 9/2/2023 at 4:35 PM, Forbsee said:

Hi Andy, did you manage to get this fixed as i have the exact same issue with my 2011 1,9 dci Kuga.  Failed its MOT for both front side lights not working but all other lights on the same fuse are fine.  Changed the bulbs and still not working,

Any pointers would be appreciated

Cheers

Paul

You do realise that Andy last posted over 3 years ago, with a single post? Unlikely to respond, still,  there's a London mayor that thinks charging decent folk £12.50 to drive into London will save the planet, so I guess anything is possible...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I guess anything is possible...

Well it's now been more than 24 hours since Paul posted the same question twice and so far he's not been back to check for answers.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:42 PM, Forbsee said:

Any ideas on why both front side lights would not be working.  Replaced bulbs and rear lights on the same fuses are all working.

Baffling!!, Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul