Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapping My Slow Focus!?!

focusdom

Not really petrols aren't worth remapping, not enough power for too much cash. Better throttle response ect though

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

Not really petrols aren't worth remapping, not enough power for too much cash. Better throttle response ect though

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

How much is that roughly?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

How much is that roughly?

How much is what? If you do want to remap you would be better to perform any other modifications first i.e. air filter, exhaust, new injectors. This will allow the remap to make more power over stock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Non- turbo petrol engined cars are not worth remapping - but turbo ones are

you need at least a 10% increase to notice any improvement in power - so 7hp would not even be noticed, so agreed - not worth it for £250

replacing injectors are expensive and not really a conventional tuning path

just buy a quicker car and/ or one with more tuning potential

• Like 1

You'd have to much more serious (i.e. expensive) engine work before getting to the limits of your current injectors.

Agree with Foca above, not much to be gained remapping a non-turbo car. I had the Superchips remap on my ST170 and apart from a bit better response and 300rpm higher rev limit there wasn't much else that seemed to have improved.

Definitely not the scale of improvement that people raved about when it was first released :rolleyes: and not in the same ball-park as even a stage 1 remap for a turbo car :P

• Like 1

Next service upgrade to NGK iridium spark plugs, Green Cotton Induction Filter and fully synthetic oil,

This will give you optimum running efficiency and throttle response from what you already have,

Best advise i can give,

And make your next car a 1.8TDCi :)

• Like 1

Next service upgrade to NGK Iridium spark plugs, Green Cotton Induction Filter and fully synthetic oil,

This will give you optimum running efficiency and throttle response from what you already have,

Best advise i can give,

And make your next car a 1.8TDCi :)

Cool "thumbs up"

• Like 1

Non- turbo petrol engined cars are not worth remapping - but turbo ones are

you need at least a 10% increase to notice any improvement in power - so 7hp would not even be noticed, so agreed - not worth it for £250

replacing injectors are expensive and not really a conventional tuning path

just buy a quicker car and/ or one with more tuning potential

What about the 11NM do I feel there a difference?

• Like 1

If i was you,

Id go for the remap anyways to be honest because id always wonder what it would hav3 been like,

The other service parts will help aswell,

If I'm honest, iridium spark plugs from what I've noticed personally make no real difference to the performance, but they Do seem to last a lot longer before fouling! Especially on two-strokes! Definitely worth it in the long term though, as they probably last 3 times as long before they need replacing :)

They probably do make a difference to performance but not really noticeable

• Like 1

If I'm honest, iridium spark plugs from what I've noticed personally make no real difference to the performance, but they Do seem to last a lot longer before fouling! Especially on two-strokes! Definitely worth it in the long term though, as they probably last 3 times as long before they need replacing :)

They probably do make a difference to performance but not really noticeable

I fitted them to my 1.6VTi 20Valve Black Top 175BHP Toyota Levin BZR around this time last year and they lowerd the idle noise and made a smoother rev
  • Like 1

I fitted them to my 1.6VTi 20Valve Black Top 175BHP Toyota Levin BZR around this time last year and they lowerd the idle noise and made a smoother rev

Sounds promising

• Like 2

Suppose If it's a higher performance engine to begin with you probably will notice a difference! I've only even ran one on a two stroke single cylinder! Aha

It's similar to performance HT leads.. Everyday regular engines you probably won't notice but of a difference. A highly tuned racing engine that's dyno'd for every bhp possible would probably notice a difference :)

Suppose If it's a higher performance engine to begin with you probably will notice a difference! I've only even ran one on a two stroke single cylinder! Aha

It's similar to performance HT leads.. Everyday regular engines you probably won't notice but of a difference. A highly tuned racing engine that's dyno'd for every bhp possible would probably notice a difference :)

Mine sounded like a 2 stroke and even smelt like two stroke lol

Smell of 2 stroke makes me horny :lol:

Failed MOT on the catylist was running rich with velocity stacked induction lol

Chopped an Audi A6 and i was in the slip road yo lol 9000rpm in 6th gear

God i miss that car,

Still have drivers seat here with me,

Hahah! Sounds like a right machine!!

Gotta admit, I regret selling my two stroke :(

• Like 2

Hahah! Sounds like a right machine!!

Gotta admit, I regret selling my two stroke :(

Had my share of 2-strokes over the years both as road bikes and on the track.

Great power to weight ratio, very simple principle of design with minimal moving parts, peaky powerbands, lot quicker to strip down and rebuild than a 4-stroke and usually cheaper to rebuild when they go bang.

Would be interesting to see what potential could be realised with latest technology for electronics and emissions management. One well known bike manufacturer pretty much went bust trying to lead the way in that area :blink:

• Like 2

Nope, 10% would be 15Nm, also, the gain would have to be at peak power (which it probably isnt) 11Nm would not be noticed

even if you noticed an extra 7Hp (which you wont) you would just be making a slow car a tiny little (unnoticable) bit less slower - but still a slow car - dont waste your time/money on it - you could do things to make the car quicker, but you would have to spend a lot of money on it for very little improvement, that money would be better spent on a quicker car and/ or one with more tuning potential

Ht leads and spark plugs make no (or next to no) difference in performance, but don't take my word for it, there is a company called NGK, you may have heard of them, this is what they say -

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqpower.asp?mode=nml

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club