Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Keeps Accelarating

spence4032

I have a 2002 2.0 mondeo tddi, and when I am driving and take my foot of the accelerator the car keeps on driving and even if I go down the gears it still happens, sometimes it even speeds up. I have had a diagnostic check down and it is not showing any fault codes, can someone please tell me what the problem could be as its really getting to me now.

Good luck explaining it to the police with a speed camera lol...

First thing I would check is if theres any oil in the air inlet. If there is, stop driving it until its sorted!

If not, it must be an electrical fault. What were the diagnostics done with? Just a cheap scanner or Ford specific software?

Not sitting in the passenger seat with one of these in front of you, are you?

345261_new-electronic-backseat-driver-wi

Good luck explaining it to the police with a speed camera lol...First thing I would check is if theres any oil in the air inlet. If there is, stop driving it until its sorted!If not, it must be an electrical fault. What were the diagnostics done with? Just a cheap scanner or Ford specific software?

The diagnostics was done at my local garage but it wasn't done with a ford specific software. Also I have checked the air inlet and it is clean

Ok well as the inlets clear that's a good start!

It really needs Ford specific diags on it though, either find a specific fault code or watch the live data to see what happens when it picks up speed. I'm not familiar with this particular engine though so someone may know of a common fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club