Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

snowymondeo

I'm in and around the area quite a bit. Got projects at Horsley and a big one on Ovingham road.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Just let me know when your free and il ave drive along

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 4 weeks later...

55 plate 20L 130 tdci with 0ver 180grand on the clock serviced regularly and only run on V-Power I average 41.6 around town and 48.7 to 50.6 on motorways. I am happy with a trip I did not long back just after a full service with Magnatec oil used I went from Cheshire to Gatwick Airport and back again and averaged 50.6 mpg using cruise control for most of the journey set at 68mph. Cheap engine oil will reduce mpg every time. Only use quality stuff.

A big mpg saver is change the oil in the gearbox when you next do a service if the mileage is over 50k, also ensure wheel alignment is correct front and rear alignment, tyre pressures are crucial and not having a big right foot helps to.

So many tests have been carried out on tyres but to be honest if the tyres are in good condition and running at the same pressure the difference on mpg is not huge between makes. Michelin and a few more do the green tyre which saves you money and supposed to increase mpg by having a very low rolling resistance but on my car they were beyond useless in the wet so catch 22. they were good in the dry though. Very expensive to buy and I would have to run them for donkeys years to notice any worth while saving.

I'm currently running a set (4) winter snow M+S tyres so expecting the mpg to be a fraction lower.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Just to say that on my 2009 2.0 tdci 140bhp estate 6 speed manual

General monthly use 15 mile journey to work of what 7 miles are motorway. If I drive like a grandad on a Sunday I can get 750 miles from my tank (70 litre ) when it's fill up convers states about 50 mile left. If I drive like I do when at work. I see around 600-650 from a tank.

(I drive blue light )

I haven't worked out what that = in mpg.

Just drove back from Manchester airport up to Newcastle roughly about 160 miles with cruise at 60 and about 55 miles was stuck in average speed camera and I only got 33.6 and that's a full tank refill using v power diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club