Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Won't Stop Mk4 Alarm

richardbell556

I have a 1996 mk4 ford fiesta alarm went of last night with indicators flashing. This stopped last night when I unlocked the car. The deadlocks didn't work but I'm not to bothered as it was 3.15.am. Then today alarm has just gone of again ,horn no flashing lights won't shut off . Had to disconnect the battery, any ideas. also as the car is old is it possible to disconnect the alarm unit altogether I realise I might loose the central locking but will it affect immobiliser .Need to stop the noise at least.

well update , reconnected battery to put petrol in at garage on way to dads so i could have try to shut the thing up... had just filled up pulled out of garage and could smell something burning .pulled the car over at road side disconnected the earth lead on battery . opened the boot and smoke started bellowing out. couldn't see where it was coming from. wires seemed ok... anyhow found the horn had gone into meltdown...now removed... but why was it going off? pulled all the plastic panel trims off where wires run under door along the floor in case one had melted nothing. took c'locking /alarm module out it was soaking wet .the pcb was in a bit of a state.cleaned it up best i can with alcohol spray and fibre brush dried it best could , washed all the gunk out of the cover the pcb mounts in. back in now horn was thrown out US so no sounder for alarm now . c'locking still working no deadlocks so no lights flash too. is the cl/alarm unit plug and play if i get one at scrapyard to swap it out as mine has seen better days... not bothered about the key fob remote never worked anyway. worst comes to worse can it be removed altogether and unlock door manually. and not upset the ecu engine running wise.

cars on it's last years if not last . don't wan't to spend lots on it as long as i know the module isn't going to course a fire if wet /damaged better removed if it comes to that if possible.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club