Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt + Water Pump Costs

vibeone

2.0 TDCI '09...

I've been quoted £460 for genuine parts, £380 for non-gen - these prices include the cambealt + water pump since it seems most people get the pump done at the same time.

Questions...

1) These prices any good? (Ford warranty centre)

2) Who is the manufacturer of the genuine parts?

3) Gen or non-gen?

4) Water pump yes or no?

5) Add the aux belt?

Thanks!

1. Yes seems fine for ford

2. Gates

3. Gen

4. Yes

5. Yes why not

Hi

As a matter of interest, what mileage is on the car

and what indicates that the cam belt needs changed?

his car is nearing the 100k mark, there are usually no signs of the cam belt wearing, until the thing snaps and takes the engine along with it.

in my case i bought the car around 105k, and only found out the water pump was leaking a few weeks later, i replaced the cam belt along with it.

personally i wouldnt go up to 100k again, 80k is a good time to change

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just for reference, since the car is in tomorrow...

This thread is about the Ford Focus 2008 mk2.5 2.0 TDCI CAMBELT / timing belt change

(Trying to find this thread again was a disaster!!)

I decided to go with non-gen. Because it was Gates anyway. So seemed a pointless waste of £80 on a car that is well out of warranty anyway.

It's at 107k now, which is way too high to leave it BUT for ref, the ford interval is 120k. Madness.

My car is using a LOT of water, so although I'm now led to believe the water pump DOESNT have to be changed - it's on the aid belt?? - I'll get it done anyway, along with the aux belt

Also MOT due. Great times!

Boom!

MOT straight through with no advisories apart from the stupid 'you have an undertray' one!

Aux belt was free issue - zero parts zero labour which was a nice touch.

£422 for both belts, and MOT pass is alright. Expensive but good for peace of mind!

Anyone know if the fuel filter is a big job? They've wuoted £49 all in so it can't be much hassle?!

Don't think the fuel filter is a major change but this issue comes with making sure the fuel is primed and pumped back into the fuel filter otherwise you may have starting problems hence why I've never tried it myself

Did it on my 1.8 previously without a problem just priming the filter... Might give it a go...

• Like 1

fuel filter does not cost that much and diy skills and you save your self £49 better in your pockt than there's

My fuel filter was £8.my advise is fill plastic filter housing 3/4 with diesel and .... Don't drain the housing via the plastic drain screw as its prob going to leak leading to a never start

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club