Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibach Springs

C_Paterson

Am looking to lowering my car by 30mm or 40mm front and back, do I need to purchase anything else when buying the springs? Someone was saying rear camber bolts? Something to do with the steering to prevent tyre rubbing on full lock? And what about standard shockies would they be fine or would it be quite bouncy?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Can only speak for the ST here but fitting the eibachs no other parts were needed, they're a Ford listed accessory so work ok along with standard dampers. That was with drop of around 20-25mm from memory.

If car has done a fair bit of mileage it can be worth replacing the front suspension topmount bearings at the same time as the struts have to come out in any case. Also if you have HIDs with auto levelling it's a common mistake to reassemble the arm for the sensor incorrectly to the wishbone so make a note of this before you remove it.

Once the springs are fitted the headlamps will aim low so these will need adjusting upwards and after a couple of hundred miles for the springs to settle in it's worth having wheel alignment checked.

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted 35mm apex springs to my fiesta. Didn't change shockies or anything else. And it's fine on the road.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club