Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2010 1.4 Tdci Oil Leak.

Deanmk7

Hoping someone/anyone can help me if they have experienced this before..

I have a 1.4 tdci ford fiesta 2010 plate, I've been experiencing an oil leak, i sent it into Arnold clark under warranty and they couldn't find the problem, i had a look myself and noticed it was coming from or around the front side of the sump, dripping down onto the air con pump, i sent it back in and said it was either the sump sealant leaking or something like the crankshaft oil seal maybe?. I had left it with them for the day and they finally diagnosed it as the sump! I had an argument with them because the problem isnt 'covered' even know I'm paying extra for the cover.. So they eventually decided to 'fix' the problem but it still leaked after it came out of the garage, yesterday i decided to strip the sump and clean it all and seal it all myself as this was supposedly the problem but turns out its not and its still leaking, my suspicions are that its something to do with the crankshaft but in order to properly find out id have to strip out the air con.. And its a bit of a job.

Has anyone ever experienced this leak? Or maybe something similar, if so are you able to shed some light to what it could be or what it is from your experience?

Thanks in advance, Dean.

post-61784-0-80295300-1420943388_thumb.jpost-61784-0-66011700-1420943422_thumb.jpost-61784-0-70552000-1420943494_thumb.jpost-61784-0-10280700-1420943655_thumb.j

Only thing that can leak at that end is the crank pulley.

Only thing that can leak at that end is the crank pulley.

Someone else has said on another forum that it could be the dipstick also? Is this a possibility or not?..

Thanks alot for your help mate, Appreciated.

Possibly but that's a new one on me and it would tend to drip onto the exhaust.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club