Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wipers Not Working

JTill

Hi Everyone

Bit of an odd one.

I turned on the car today and used it for a couple of short trips after is had been sat for 3 days. When I went to try and clear the windscreen of water I found that the Windscreen wipers won't move!

When I move the stalk I hear a click coming from the relay and I checked the fuse which was fine.

I think it might be the battery as when I checked it it only had 14v coming off of it (I thought it should be 16v coming from it?)

Everything else in the car works fine how ever, including rear wiper and washers. Lights (dipped, high and sidelights) radio, interior lights, central locking (well sort of its been dodgy for a while as the remote only seems to work when it wants to other wise I have to put the key in the door). The car starts fine straight away and when I was driving it was driving fine.

Can anybody help?! Typical its today it chooses to misbehave as I start a new job tomorrow and its forecast to rain!

Actually its raining out there now :(

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

so I went to a garage. They stripped out a control unit from in the dash board and found it absolutely dripping with water and green and furry all over from where its been wet for a while. Apparently ford know about this issue and the water comes from condensation from the AC. New unit has been fitted which the garage tells me has been redesigned by ford to stop the issue happening again.

all in all over £500 to fix!! not pleased as its a known fault! shorly this is the sort of thing that a recall should of happened for?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club