Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Tdci Gearbox Or Driveshaft?

bayley84

09 plate 1.8 TDCi focus with 79k on the clock. Few months ago it started making a metallic rattling sound which has progressively gotten louder to the point where it's now embarrasing. The noise only shows itself when the car is in gear, the clutch is out and the front wheels are turning. Whilst driving, the noise matches revs and whilst at idle there's nothing, clutch in OR out. Sat in traffic, there's no noise whatsoever. Any ideas what it could be as i'm thinking either a gearbox bearing or driveshaft? Cheers.

what about if you rev it in neutral do you hear it? i get a metallic sound too but im sure its coming from the belt side, thinking its the crankshaft pulley

if it is loud enough to be heard would you be able to record the sound?

Revving it in neutral doesn't replicate the noise, although i also get what you get and have been told the crankshaft pulley. It's due a timing belt soon, so if that fixes it i'll let you know. Otherwise, this other noise i'm getting sounds a bit more agressive.

yeah since its all off on that side its the best time to check the pulley. let me know what the outcome is :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club