Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Order

Villan

Hi can anyone tell me if its normal to order a fiesta zetec s September 8th last year and still have no buil date from dealer.

That doesn't sound right at all, I ordered on November 20something and I've got a build date of next Wednesday, I'd contact your dealer asap

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

He is phoning me on Monday so I will sort it then thanx for replying.

so you rang them and he's going to phone you Monday ? Did he not even speak to you ?
On that alone i would have canceled,and then let the manager know why, if they cant be arsed to speak to you when you havent even got the car yet think what its going to be like when you have, and you want some issue or problem sorting out.

Tell em on Monday your canceling and you will have your build date with in 30 mins, then go in and ask for the manager and tare him a new rear end, he will then do the same to the idiot ignoring you.

I am thinking of cancelling but that will prob mean pushed to back of Q so I will waiting another 3 or 4 months probably I am really peed off at the moment

That's a hell of a long wait. Have they given no information as why it's delayed for so long?

From order to delivery of my ST was 2 months.

In there heads they have flogged a car,,, so the old saying applys, "once the monkeys in the cage you stop giving it nuts" , so shake the tree a little and make them do their jobs and give you the service your cash deserves.

That's a great way to put it the dealers phonin me tomorrow so hopefully no more by then but looks like i will cancel if I am still being fobbed off but hen i will have another 2 or 3 month wait or go to another dealer

The dealers excuse is the demand for the zetec s he says its a popular spec but if the St came in two months which is higher spec then I am worried they are messing me about

hi,,, we all apreciate the demand and other factors that could be at play here, but its his job to alleviate you of any worries, to keep you informed of the situation even if its the same basically hold your hand until your baby arrives and your hard erned cash gets him his bonus ,, well a good sales man would.

Sometimes its just the threat of that bonus walking out the door with your canceled order that might remind him its not yet in the friggin bank. :)

I always find the best way to get someones atention is tear a piece out of that persons boss, as we all know the brown stuff rolls down hill, the boss can do sod all to you so he has to sit and take it from an irate customer, but as soon as your out the door his toe end will be going right up chummys gunga din.

Atitudes then soon change. :D

good luck.

• Like 1

I will soon find out tomorrow. Thanx for the advice anyway

Well said Ian, you're definitely right about them not caring once you've placed the order. I was quite lucky when I ordered my ST because the dealer seemed to be one of the reasonable ones that actually have a concept of customer service.

Darren if you decide to cancel you might be able to get another car quickly if another dealer has one in stock, or sometimes they can find one that's on it's way so the wait is a lot shorter. You might have to compromise on the options though.

Thanx for the advice ian and Phil just to let u know just had a call from dealer and he said the car has been built and is due to be delivered on the 31 of jan so hopefully having it sometime in early February fingers crossed

That's good it sounds like they just couldn't be bothered to keep you in the loop. When you pick up the car make sure you inspect it for any scratches or other damage.

I will Phil I hope they give me some fuel for the inconvenience but that may be pushin it a tad too far

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a phone call from dealer the car won't be delivered for a few weeks it's stuck in Holland 7000 fiestas have brake problems !Removed! happens when you leastexpect it anyone else no anyone affected

I'm expecting a car soon - end February / beginning March, my dealer hasn't said anything. I think they told me its Spain or something my car was being made, so hopefully shouldn't be anywhere near Holland

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is it the fiesta you r having coz I thought they were built in Germany and moved to Holland for shipping

I've just called and you're right, it's cologne in Germany the cars being built but they haven't heard anything released about this from ford regarding any delays at all their end, so it might be a select few dealerships affected which got the memo either that or they're fobbing you off re delays again

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I hope they ain't fobbing me off he hoped to get it to us on Saturday but could be another 2 weeks or more if it goes on any longer o think I will scrap the order just in case the dealership are shittin me about

• 3 weeks later...

My cars is finally at the dealership they found no faults on it so they gave me the option to wait for the 15 plate which I took and pick up on the 2nd of March thank god the long wait is over

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club