Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would You?

boro84

I'm looking to buy a new daily and been to see a Mondeo Zetec today, 1.8 petrol, 05 plate, 77k miles and full service history. The blokes asking £700 for it as the alloys are shot and need refurbing (the paints bubbling and peeling off) and the back bumper could do with a respray. The question is though, as it stands, the MOT runs out at the end of the month, although he's getting this done next week and going to add to the asking price depending on a pass/any work needed doing. Should i run the risk of him putting it up too much, or should i take a bigger risk, knock him down from the 700 he's asking and sort the MOT out myself? Thanks. Chris

now why would he put price up if it passes first time and he spends no money on it

It's a sales tactic to try and get you to buy it now, I'd play him at his own game and say you'll offer 700 IF it passes if not there's plenty of other mondeos out there

if you can do the work yourself on a fail, knock him down but make sure you see the paperwork first again there's plenty of other mondeos out there

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

If it was me I wouldn't buy a car with the problems you described. It's obviously not been cared for and if it's already started rusting it's only going to get worse. It's worth spending more on a newer / better example of the car, unless you really don't have the extra money.

I would say just see whay happens, if it passes the MOT, then pay the £700 plus the cost of the MOT (maybe £50). however, if you have a few quid and want to do the car up yourself, then you can buy it now, take it for a "pre - MOT" (keep your current daily runner for now as your daily runner) find out whats wrong with it, and fix it up yourself, then get the MOT and swap your daily. That way, you can pay your rates for repair and parts, rather than if he decides to bunk the price by £500 when in fact you could do it for £100

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club