Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cameras

Jordan_95

Anybody know of any camera like go pro , that I can just put in the window for security of my car , want something that isn't going to be too hard to set up an good for day an night use? Any ideas?

• Like 1

Cobra 820e is a good one, I have one, highly rate it.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

Sorry , I wasn't very clear but I was meaning the window in the house kind of like CCTV, however I will be looking into getting a dashcam 😏 so thanks for that :)

• Like 1

Anybody know of any camera like go pro , that I can just put in the window for security of my car , want something that isn't going to be too hard to set up an good for day an night use? Any ideas?

I've created a guide on fitting a dual DVR system in the ford focus see link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/

I see now you ment home CCTV,

Have a look on eBay there are some good systems with Sony cameras,

You could have an electrician fit a PIR sensor in your garden or driveway to trigger recording.

Have a look at this for an entry level CCTV camera:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006UCJ64S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I have that and it basically works out of the box, comes with a unique internet address so you can check on your home / car from anywhere with internet access. It can also record to a network hard drive or something similar but I haven't tried that, and can record when it detects movement. It proved very useful when I was away for 2 weeks around Christmas, I kept checking it each morning to make sure nobody had broken into my flat lol.

• Like 1

It all depends on budget..

We've just got a new system which can be accessed wirelessly anywhere in the world..(which I believe is fairly standard for a lot of commercial CCTV)

But it's probably a bit much for a home system...

Maplins does some cameras which will record into a 'box' (NVR) which is about the same size as a DVD player... And you can review that... That would be potentially better than the likes of a go pro which I believe has some limited recording time...

As I said, it boils down to budget which will reflect on image quality also...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club