Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Forscan - Dpf Help

A_Jobson

Hi,

I have a 2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 110bhp.

When looking on Forscan, I only have two options for the DPF readings. They are DP_DPF for the pressure and PPFT for pre filter temperature.

I really would like to see other readings such as distance until full and next regen etc.

How do I do this? There doesn't appear to be any other options for the DPF, despite having the same car as others who can view these readings.

Please help!

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

With Forscan you can see any PIDS related to the DPF. Click on the cog on the left side. Then click the cog at the bottom of that page, this allows you to select which PID‘s you want to view on the oscilloscope or table view. Hope that makes sense as I don't have my kit with me at the moment. Then when you press the play data button you will see the extra options you want to see. You have to select each PID then press the arrow to move them across in the box to the right. Kind of hard to explain without being I'm front of it.

Run1.png The cog next to the play and stop live data allows you to select the different values you want to view.

Thanks Simcor.

I tried that but only get the two PIDs as above :(

I don't know if I'm missing anything as it seems it's only me who can't view the other PIDs.

Do I need the High CAN switch in addition to the OBD2 or would that not matter?

Shouldn't need the switch position changing from memory. The only other way I can really help you is by remote control if you at the PC and connected to the car and the internet. By downloading teamviewer and PM me with the user ID and password that teamviewer allocates then I can look at it and remotely control your PC. I'm happy to do so if you want. If you choose the quick support option it doesn't actually install anything on your PC. It is totally safe to use but I understand if you would prefer not too. But the offer is there.

Actually a good question is what interface are you using with Forscan? Are you using a modified ELM Device or a standard One or something else?

I don't get on it for long because my laptop battery is rubbish!

I'm using a bluetooth OBD2 reader, I don't think it's modified?

Maxiscan Mini ELM327 is the reader I'm using, bought from amazon.

That may be the reason why you can't select other PIDS possibly then. Other than that without looking at it no idea what else to say.

Ahh right! Which reader are you using?

I'm using a modified ELM interface bought of eBay which has the MS CAN switch.

Could you do me a favour and send a link to the one you have? I'd like to try something which I know works properly haha

I bought mine from autofixdirect on eBay item number 151568726915 is similar to mine but with the FTDI chip which gives more CAN BUS support apparently. But should be as good as mine or better. Looks like they only do the M2 version now.

Ahh that's brilliant, thank you!

Should be alright with the Mk2.5 though?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got the modified cable!

I can now see the extra modules on Forscan and ELMconfig...

However, I still can't find the PID to get all of the DPF values you have. What module are they all under, PCM?

Yes they are under the PCM module. Seems odd you cant see them. Are you sure your car has not had the DPF removed as I would imagine part of remapping it out would remove those PID`s and I wonder if that is what has happened.

I've got an iPad,where is the best place to go to,to download Forscan.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I think Forscan is available for iPhone but not fully working with IPad but I could be wrong, I would assume you get it from the Apple store as normal.

Cheers,Apple store has an app called Forscan lite, it's only just up and running with no reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks Simcor, that thought did cross my mind! It shows the pressure readings and temperature after or before the DPF, but that's it.

The weird thing is though, it still seems to try and do active regens as I've often noticed (smell, and sound of exhaust).

Also, ELMconfig shows a higher odometer reading than on the actual display...I'm worried now.

Do you know of any other way to get these readings?

I'm pretty sure Elmconfig shows the mileage in KM not miles the same as IDS does, divide the figure by 1.6 and it should equal th miles shown on your car but sure it says Km by it somewhere. Not at home so cant check.

Ahh you're right, that works out correct. Thank you for clearing that part up! :)

If you cant see them then I think they have been mapped out, unless with through newer coated DPF you don't get those extra PID`S with the later coated DPF version.

Hmm that's a good point...hopefully someone else might pick up on this! So the 2010 has the coated DPF and not the fluid kind?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club