Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Help Needed!

F_Mar96

I own a mk6 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4. 55 plate, silver. It's done 65,000 miles and runs like a dream. I'm looking to sell it soon to get a 3 door focus zetec s, but it has two quite noticeable dents in the back corners.

I know I can get about £1,900 for it without these dents but obviously not as much with them.

I was wondering if you think it'd be worth repairing them before selling it would it be a waste of time and money?

Thanks!

• Like 1

No harm in getting a quote buddy.

• Like 1

Get a quote and see how much. If its say £700 in a bodyshop then i would just sell the car for £1200 as it is instead and save the mither. If they are small dents that a local Dent Man could pop out for you then you would only be looking at around £100 so i would get that done and sell the car as mint for the £1900.

• Like 1

I'd say it would be worth it, there are loads of "dent doctors" out there and I've heard some can repair dents very quickly and cheaply. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect on an old car, but it's probably worth it if it wont cost too much.

• Like 1

I own a mk6 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4. 55 plate, silver. It's done 65,000 miles and runs like a dream. I'm looking to sell it soon to get a 3 door focus zetec s, but it has two quite noticeable dents in the back corners.

I know I can get about £1,900 for it without these dents but obviously not as much with them.

I was wondering if you think it'd be worth repairing them before selling it would it be a waste of time and money?

Thanks!

As said there no harm getting a quote,

I reckon if your selling the car privatly then its definitly worth repairing them, waxing the body, clean engine bay and rent out a rug doctor from tesco to clean the interior

See guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47749-rug-doctor-review-cleanng-car-interior/

And a cheap set of car mats,

Also put some tyre shine on the spare wheel ;)

This way it appears the car has been very well looked after and sure to be a good purchase as one would assume then that you have a huge attachment to the vehicle.

However,

If trading in to a garage i wouldn't bother repairing the dents or anything because they don't even get off the chair to go out and look at your motor,

They just open a book and see what trade in value that car now has and allow you that amount off your new motor.

• Like 1

As said there no harm getting a quote,

I reckon if your selling the car privatly then its definitly worth repairing them, waxing the body, clean engine bay and rent out a rug doctor from tesco to clean the interior

See guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47749-rug-doctor-review-cleanng-car-interior/

However,

If trading in to a garage i wouldn't bother repairing the dents or anything because they don't even get off the chair to go out and look at your motor,

They just open a book and see what trade in value that car now has and allow you that amount off your new motor.

.......And flog them cheaply to car auctions to get rid quickly.

• Like 1

S1600 help

Hi there.

I'm new on this but I need some help.

I'm from Scotland and have found a 2011 mk7 s1600 (134) fiesta at a local dealer and I love it. It has quite high mileage at 71,000 and I was wondering if that would deter anyone?

The car itself is immaculate and doesn't look like 70,000 miles. It is a one owner car and has a full ford service history.

I want to know if anyone on here knows the car and could possibly share any information on it. If not then can you all please give me advice on things to look out for and a verdict on if I should go for it or not?

The registration is: ST11kwm

It was first registered in Ford Evans Halshaw Kirkcaldy.

Any help at all would

Be much appreciated ASAP.

Thanks,

Dylan Williams.

That will be true for some garages but not all. Maybe it depends on the value of your car too, and I know from experience that they will sometimes have a good look at your car before quoting a trade in price.

• Like 1

.......And flog them cheaply to car auctions to get rid quickly.

+1

Ship em all over to Ireland the small car dealer over here loves the uk auctions,

import and sell them on like they did with the flood damaged vehicles alot of the uk had in 2013 ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club