Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf & Powershift

Big Tone

Greetings to all.....

My wife and I are going to by a 3 year old Smax asap,we have been looking for the petrol manual versions but as they are as rare as hens teeth I thought I'd ask 2 questions that I hope you can help me with.......your answers 'may' help us with our decision and hopefully your answers may broaden our horizons....

Firstly as we are 'urban' drivers predominantly how do we treat the DPF's assuming we opt for diesels........What time?length of journey and at what speed/RPM will we need to do to fully clean the DPF, and how long the DPF last before another cleaning run as we are urban drivers.

Secondly we are aware that alot of S Max's are now powershift? so how good are they,how reliable, are they ok in towns/cities with numerous start stops etc.

We are both a bit concerned about the DPF's and the Powershift transmission as we have only used petrol manuals I have read 'Many' bad reports about both DPF and Powershift....though I understand that its generally only the people who have experienced faults that leave poor reviews/feedback/videos

Many Thx in advance Tony

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club