Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8tdci Juddering At Idle

chris_h

Hi all

Just noticed my car is behaving erratically when sat at idle with the clutch raised. With the clutch up the engine seems to judder and rock with a strange sound, but when i put it down it stops. the car drives fine, no problems what so ever.

I had a new clutch and flywheel last august and only done 6000 miles since, so i doubt its that.

Before i take it in, anyone got any good ideas what it could be?

cheers

it could well be the clutch/flywheel. incorrect installation and it wont take long for it to fail again. was the Slave Cylinder replaced too?

ye slave cylinder was done too, I didn't install it, my friend a truck mechanic did. Satch clutch and flywheel.

I will speak with him, he may have the answers.

Could it also be gearbox mountings?

yeah i had the sachs flywheel and clutch installed too.. and mine is gone after 10k

it could be, but if the mount was bad you would be getting knocking when changing gears

going to be changing my dmf/clutch next year and ill be getting LUK this time, as thats what Ford used originally

• Like 1

yeah i had the sachs flywheel and clutch installed too.. and mine is gone after 10k

it could be, but if the mount was bad you would be getting knocking when changing gears

going to be changing my dmf/clutch next year and ill be getting LUK this time, as thats what Ford used originally

i'll bear this in mind...my release bearing is playing up ocasionally so when the time comes i'll get a LUK clutch kit

Bit more info on the matter, i turned the engine off and restarted it again after noticing, but after this quick restart the problem was gone.

2 hours later, again i have turned the car on and the problem is still gone.

How strange, sometimes this car sounds like a dish washer at the 'bottom end' of the engine, this may have something to do with it. will keep this thread informed.

depress the clutch while idle and dump it really quick, does it make the noise?

if so, flywheel is on its way out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club