Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Fitting Guides

VibrantSeeker94

Hello all,

This is my first post. I've spent a lot of time researching this forum site trying to decide wether or not I should buy a K&N Panel or cone filter or a complete induction kit.

I still can't decide...

I own a MK5 fiesta zetec(-s?), 1999. First car and i've owned it for a little over 4 months now.

I'm wondering if anyone has a guide to fitting an air induction kit please? Should I choose to purchase one, I'd like to know how to fit it in. I think I'm asking because there was discussions about finding your own cold air feed with an induction? Or cone I'm not sure...

I understand the air filters don't add much power and to be honest, I'm not after much. It's also for the experience of getting my hands dirty in the engine bay and knowing how things work!

Thanks for your help guys.

P.s. I know there are numerous posts and topics about air filters but none of them give me the answer I'm looking for!

• Like 1

Hello all,

This is my first post. I've spent a lot of time researching this forum site trying to decide wether or not I should buy a K&N Panel or cone filter or a complete induction kit.

I still can't decide...

I own a MK5 fiesta zetec(-s?), 1999. First car and i've owned it for a little over 4 months now.

I'm wondering if anyone has a guide to fitting an air induction kit please? Should I choose to purchase one, I'd like to know how to fit it in. I think I'm asking because there was discussions about finding your own cold air feed with an induction? Or cone I'm not sure...

I understand the air filters don't add much power and to be honest, I'm not after much. It's also for the experience of getting my hands dirty in the engine bay and knowing how things work!

Thanks for your help guys.

P.s. I know there are numerous posts and topics about air filters but none of them give me the answer I'm looking for!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I recommend purchasing either a K&N or Green Cotton Performance induction filter that is a straight swap to your existing panel rather than soaking in hot air from the engine bay,

However if you do choose to remove the existing air box and fit a cone,

Fit some stainless steel washers between the bonnet hinges and the body of the car to raise up the bonnet when closed,

This helps reduce temps under the bonnet,

Also log on to Youtube and watch every single mighty car mods video,

Ill link two of them on here now :)

• Like 1

Thanks Leonard for posting these vids, I'll check them out as soon as and thanks for your advice. Straight to the point!

• Like 1

Thanks Leonard for posting these vids, I'll check them out as soon as and thanks for your advice. Straight to the point!

No prob Anthony any time,

The MightyCarMods videos are very informative and entertaining.