Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Worth Fixing???

insunnysussex

Hi, I have a 2006 C-Max 1.8 TDCI Zetec. I parked it on the driveway about 5 weeks ago and during running it up a few weeks ago it came up with various messages, two I remember as being about steering assist failure and limited acceleration and then it cut out, tried starting it but it would not even turn over and the red light in the centre of the dash flashes randomly when the ignition is on. Put a hand held diagnostic on it this morning and it came up with 4 codes which are 1) U0121 anti lock brakes, 2) U0140 body control module, 3) U0155, instrument panel cluster and 4) U0131 power steering module.

Has anyone else had anything similar and if so did it cost a lot to sort out? any advice would be appreciated,

many thanks, Si

• 2 weeks later...

I had similar warnings, the abs short loom wad part of the issue, as for the cluster it might need a spray of silicone to push the water our

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Had the same problems with my Cmax. I removed the cluster and sprayed the circuit board with PCB cleaner ( you can get from maplins ) or some use WD40. It did fix the problem for a while, but when it came back it was happening so often i sent the cluster off for repair. Cost me £99 and was returned next day.

hope this helps.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi There,

I'm having similiar issues with my C-Max, have you managed to resolve your problems. 1 of the problems i'm getting is when the display shows 'steering assist failure' speed limited mode' and Engine systems fault. The speedo will drop to '0 mph'. Seems to only happen when its a hot sunny day for some strange reason.

Thank you for the replies, at the moment the car is still refusing to turn over and the little red light still flashes really quickly. Had a brief look at the wiring connections hoping something would jump out at me but unfortunately it never :-( will get some electrical connector cleaner and have a proper good look. In reply to your comment Mart, I don't remember the speedo reading zero it just seemed to want to cut out.

Hi There,

I'm having similiar issues with my C-Max, have you managed to resolve your problems. 1 of the problems i'm getting is when the display shows 'steering assist failure' speed limited mode' and Engine systems fault. The speedo will drop to '0 mph'. Seems to only happen when its a hot sunny day for some strange reason.

Sounds very much like a bad cluster and a repair is beat

Yeah, a cluster repair is best. When the cluster goes wrong it kicks in the immobiliser and gives all sorts of faults etc. You may find tapping the cluster with the car stationary and running Will cause a fault., tap again and it goes away. This will need to be repaired and will only cost you about £100 if you use a online service. Ford will replace rather than repair and your looking at £375+ with them. The repair carried out on mine is fine and warranted for 2yrs.

Yeah, a cluster repair is best. When the cluster goes wrong it kicks in the immobiliser and gives all sorts of faults etc. You may find tapping the cluster with the car stationary and running Will cause a fault., tap again and it goes away. This will need to be repaired and will only cost you about £100 if you use a online service. Ford will replace rather than repair and your looking at £375+ with them. The repair carried out on mine is fine and warranted for 2yrs.

Ok thank you. Will get it looked at and hopefully have the issue resolved.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club