Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1800tdci

Ford Focus 1.8TDCi For My First Car!!!

5 posts in this topic

Hi, Just introducing myself to the forum, my names Tom and as i just got my first ford, i thought i should join a forum for some advice.

If anybody has this car and has done any cool mods then please let me know what you think i should do ;)

Also I have a question for anyone whos in the know with this engine. I was considering buying a dump valve for my focus as its my first car and treat it like my baby. I just wanted the valve purely for the sound by the way.

The other day i was fiddling about with the intake to see what it would sound like with a cone filter and i disconnected the hose from the airbox and started her up and give her a rev, and i discovered that when i let off the throttle the blow off valve sound i'm looking for is actually there. So i was wondering if the car already has the valve there and if so how can i amplify the sound without any major mods.

I was also wondering about the small hose on the intake. It is located on the hose that runs from the airbox to the turbo and runs off that hose and into the head of the engine block, i was wondering whether this is the hose that recycles any air from the turbo when you lay off the throttle e.g. from the blow off valve? So whether i could redirect this hose into the open air and fill in the hole in the intake left by it, whether this would give me the desired sound and also most importantly, not make it sluggish.

If i'm wrong please correct me and give me ideas on how i could get the blow off sound i'm looking for.

And if you know of any cool mods, let us know :P

Thanks in advance,

Tom :D

Hi, Just introducing myself to the forum, my names Tom and as i just got my first ford, i thought i should join a forum for some advice.

If anybody has this car and has done any cool mods then please let me know what you think i should do ;)

Also I have a question for anyone whos in the know with this engine. I was considering buying a dump valve for my focus as its my first car and treat it like my baby. I just wanted the valve purely for the sound by the way.

The other day i was fiddling about with the intake to see what it would sound like with a cone filter and i disconnected the hose from the airbox and started her up and give her a rev, and i discovered that when i let off the throttle the blow off valve sound i'm looking for is actually there. So i was wondering if the car already has the valve there and if so how can i amplify the sound without any major mods.

I was also wondering about the small hose on the intake. It is located on the hose that runs from the airbox to the turbo and runs off that hose and into the head of the engine block, i was wondering whether this is the hose that recycles any air from the turbo when you lay off the throttle e.g. from the blow off valve? So whether i could redirect this hose into the open air and fill in the hole in the intake left by it, whether this would give me the desired sound and also most importantly, not make it sluggish.

If i'm wrong please correct me and give me ideas on how i could get the blow off sound i'm looking for.

And if you know of any cool mods, let us know :P

Thanks in advance,

Tom :D

it doesnt have a blow off valve that im aware of with the tdci a cone filter wont really do much but make it louder and a dump valve personally is so cheesy ive seen corsas with these simulated ones and it just doesnt work best advice is forget about the sound and leave it as is

it doesnt have a blow off valve that im aware of with the tdci a cone filter wont really do much but make it louder and a dump valve personally is so cheesy ive seen corsas with these simulated ones and it just doesnt work best advice is forget about the sound and leave it as is

Yeah i know, i'm forgetting about the idea now :lol: I just wanna focus on the looks more than anything after i've given it a remap. But because i got the lx, it looks !Removed! what ever i do, so unless i get the st body kit, the only thing i can do is lower it, stick some nice black mk1 rs alloys and rs mudflaps and an st170 tailpipe <_<

Also if anyone got any ideas for styling mods, please let me know;)

Thanks

Tom

Yeah i know, i'm forgetting about the idea now :lol: I just wanna focus on the looks more than anything after i've given it a remap. But because i got the lx, it looks !Removed! what ever i do, so unless i get the st body kit, the only thing i can do is lower it, stick some nice black mk1 rs alloys and rs mudflaps and an st170 tailpipe <_<

Also if anyone got any ideas for styling mods, please let me know;)

Thanks

Tom

At the end of the day Tom it's still an LX whatever money you pour into it, it will only be good for you, it wont make it worth more or any better, better to look after it and get a good return when you sell it.

At the end of the day Tom it's still an LX whatever money you pour into it, it will only be good for you, it wont make it worth more or any better, better to look after it and get a good return when you sell it.

Yeah thanks anyway mate;)