Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Alarm Problems

simonroe123

Hi Everyone,

I've had a brand new Mk5 Mondeo since July this year and I've been having problems with the alarm going off after owning it for around a week. It's been into the dealers four times with the same issue and each time they say that they can't find any faults.

An alarm on the car has been going off at various times of the day and night - sometimes it last for ten seconds sometimes it goes off for several minutes. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern of when it goes off either - sometimes it doesn't go off for a few days and sometimes it goes off several times in the same day. Also I'm not able to turn the alarm off with my key fob when it goes off. On Sunday I was able to open the car and turn the engine off whilst the alarm was still going off.

I'm not sure if it is a main security alarm either as no lights flash and the horn doesn't sound - it's just a siren noise.

I'm really at my wits end with the car and the service from the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what the problem could be or what steps I could take next?

Thank you.

Hi, I would get it back to the dealer and insist they get it sorted. Ask for a courtesy car to use until the problem is solved.

Back to the dealer, ask trading standards about fit for use and returning the car that should get the dealer moving I hope

Just out of interest, what model have you got? I purchased the 1.5t Ecoboost with active park and assist back in April, great car to drive!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies.

The dealer had the car for a couple of days just over a week ago. They advised that they couldn't find any faults with the car when they returned it and the alarm didn't go off whilst they had it.

I thought the problem may have rectified itself but this weekend the alarm began to go off again!

I'm going to take it back in this week - it's really frustrating as I have to wait several days (in the past it's been over a week) for a courtesy car to be available.

It's a 1.5t Ecoboost, it's got active park and assist. I agree, it is a great car to drive - it's when I'm not driving it that it causes me problems!

• 8 years later...

Hi, are your indicators flashing when the siren is sounding? 

I have a similar problem with my 2018 Vignale Estate. But it's not the actual alarm (no indicators flashing). I've spoken to a friend whose an auto electrician, he reckons it is the siren. I've got it booked in early next year for him to actually have a proper look. Might be worth a look.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, CarlB73 said:

Might be worth a look.

Well I suppose after waiting 8 years for your suggestion the OP could take a look if they still have the car  😉

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club